Sunderland...

Heron

Superb buy.

:sadnod:

Don't think he's ready as yet for the PL (as in starting week in, week out). But give him a season or two and the mackems will probably have a great player on their books :undecided:

Disagree, it's a poor move for both parties. Wickham because he needs somewhere where he can develop, where there will be little pressure on him. Sunderland because they need someone who can bang them in on a regular basis.

They've basically used the money from selling one of the Premier League's most proven goalscorers towards two youth prospects.

That's the sort of investment that could pay dividends, but it could also backfire massively.

And no, I'm not just bitter because they've signed a Korean player before us.  :shifty:

Actually, disregard that. Oldtype would claim it was a bargain. Anyway, hope this bloke scores against you just to see O's reaction.

The really terrible thing is that the commentator they usually put on our derbies over here is a Sunderland fan. The sound of him flooding the broadcasting studio with jizz would make me throw up.

Guest WashyGeordie

I had this discussion on here before when Newcastle were linked with him and my opinion is still the same,IMO he is very over-rated and if he is coming to be our main striker then I'd be very,very worried.

Best thing for him would be to stop at Ipswich for at least another season and get some experience,he has only been starting games properly for about a year and would have to improve massively to start games for Liverpool or any other mid-table PL team for that matter.

Wouldn't you agree Wearside ?

But.. but.. what about Carroll?

:tumbleweed:

Wouldn't swap them with our signings so far but Gardner, Larsson and Wickham are all signings I would have liked to us have made.

I watched Larsson closely when they played at SJP because of our alleged interest and I thought he was awful and even mentally suspect (weak) as he seemed to lose self control. Made me pleased that we didn't touch him.  The other two would be very expensive to bring as "squad" players and there's much better value to be had out there.

They may make an occasional decent signing (cant think of many mind) but Sunderland is not an attractive prospect for a pro footballer with options, so generally they will pay over the odds for people who other clubs are not really interested in.

To be fair, I've thought Wearside was a *edit* Rape Hole *Edit* since the moment he started posting, ive been proved correct.

I thought he came across decent and quite level headed, obviously being a bitter rival there were going to be moments when bias woulc over power the sensible side but generally a good poster.

Gone right off the rails since he hit the drink mind.

Wouldn't swap them with our signings so far but Gardner, Larsson and Wickham are all signings I would have liked to us have made.

would any of them get in our starting XI as it currently stands ?

Probably not.

Not for me. Depends how many games Ba misses.

Gardner isn't anything great, wouldn't get into our first 11, Larsson, is quite honestly poor and I've never understood the hype around him. As has been said in a post above, I've watched him closely since we've been linked with him and i've been far from impressed!

Wickham would have been a decent signing and a good prospect but it's a lot of money and a big risk to take

Guest ykmkmdd

With players like Larsson and Gardner in their team at least they shouldn't get relegated.

Oh no, wait....

Guest johnson293

With players like Larsson and Gardner in their team at least they shouldn't get relegated.

Oh no, wait....

And with Wickham, they'll have the goals* to fire them back up if they do go down...... oh.

* (13 goals in 65 appearances)