Sunderland...

Heron

Guest Roger Kint

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=657164

This thread epitomises Sunderland, you'd never see people going on like that on a Newcastle forum.

That Collymore goal - 'One of my favourite moments as a football supporter'

Only to be told it wasnt the best by a long shot, that honour goes to 'The SAFC fans celebrating, just as a penalty was awarded against them at Prenton Park. And the baffled and bemused Tranmere fans. Now THAT was a great moment'

Dear God they are wankers :D

This thread epitomises Sunderland, you'd never see people going on like that on a Newcastle forum.

Only to be told it wasnt the best by a long shot, that honour goes to 'The SAFC fans celebrating, just as a penalty was awarded against them at Prenton Park. And the baffled and bemused Tranmere fans. Now THAT was a great moment'

Particularly amusing that many of the posts in that thread are on Christmas day for fuck sake.

Particularly amusing that many of the posts in that thread are on Christmas day for f*** sake.

The epitome of sad bastards, sad mackem bastards.

This anecdote in The Guardian made me laugh:

Most Sundays, David Corner goes for a drink with the friend he shares a taxi business with in Sunderland. At least twice each Sunday afternoon, his friend reckons, somebody will come up to him and say, "Yer should've just put it out, Davie lad." Corner now works for Durham police. A couple of years ago, he was called to a disturbance in Seaham where a man was going berserk with an ornamental sword. All attempts to reason with him failed until he caught sight of Corner's flaming ginger hair. "Are yiz … are yiz Davie Corner?" he asked disbelievingly. Corner confirmed he was. The man dropped the sword and offered his hands to be cuffed. "Yer've not had much luck, son," he said. "So I'll give yer this 'un. But, Davie lad, why didn't yer just put it out?"

Whatever he does for the rest of his life, Corner will always be remembered on Wearside as the 18-year-old defender who tried to shepherd a through-ball out for a goal-kick in the 1985 League Cup final, only to have the ball nicked off him by John Deehan. His cross was half blocked and fell for Mick Channon, whose shot was deflected in off the chest of Gordon Chisolm, the only goal in Norwich's 1-0 win.

That's late winners vs Blackburn, QPR and Man City since MON's come in. Still playing some piss poor football but that's a large improvement.