Sunderland...

Heron

Guest neesy111

That game yesterday reminded me of us versus Fulham in 2004-5 season when we battered them 1-4.

That the game where Crossley was saving them with his face?

Yeap.

Souness did not help himself that game when he went 4-2-4.

Bruce vows to lay off the pies and beer in order to stop 'fat bastard' chants

Steve Bruce set his sights on being at Sunderland for the long haul as he turned 50 yesterday.... and he's got a New Year plan to stopping rivals fans calling him a Fat Head.

Bruce is less enamoured about his latest birthday yesterday: "18 months ago I look fresh-faced and ready for the challenge come back to North East and we have had the worst two winters in history. It has aged me enormously! 50... Jesus. Unbelievable.

"I'm going to lose some weight if I can, stay out of the pub! Its when I'm under pressure, when I open the fridge, beers, pork pies anything. I do like a pork pie with a can of beer. Pork sandwiches with a bit of mustard. Marvellous... With mustard, peas pudding and crackling and all that. Mmm.

"But I can't have any mire pork pies - I'm sick of being called a fat bastard wherever I go. So that's my New Year's Resoluton not to be called Fat Head. I don't go on the scales anymore - I am that frightened."

;D

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Sunderland-Steve-Bruce-vows-to-lay-off-the-pies-and-beer-in-order-to-stop-fat-bastard-chants-after-turning-50-article661017.html

The pre-match banter from when Blackburn played SAFC earlier on the season back in the days Big Sam Allardyce was working in football.

The pair are such good mates they spent time together talking football on holiday this summer and ended up on the brandy.

Bruce has regretted it ever since, and is looking to dish out a headache to Big Sam by clinching a rare away win at Ewood Park.

Bruce joked: “I went to Spain with him for a few days recently and spent a couple of days with him in the summer. Keep off the brandy, don’t take him on at the brandy!

“What do we do on holiday together? Hold each other’s hands, play skippy...we just sit there and get bladdered for days!”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Blackburn-v-Sunderland-preview-Stecve-Bruce-wants-to-pay-Sam-Allardyce-back-for-the-hangover-he-gave-him-while-on-holiday-together-in-Spain-article603081.html

Guest Wearside

Blackburn absolutely awful today,easily the worst team we have played this season and I could quite easily see them going down.I can't remember us having a easier win for a long time and only some bad misses(again) stopped it from being a worse scoreline for them.

They'll be fine. The sort of team who don't lose their winnable home games which will see them safe. You rarely see Blackburn lose at home to one of the bottom sides.

teams that do that for a few years often drop eventually.