Sunderland...

Heron

Did you get paid upfront for Carroll? That would hugely distort your turnover.

Yes :) Or was it 30 up front?

caulikin said on the game podcast this week it was a 30m payment up front which is in the nufc bank account (and getting a nice bit of interest i'd say)

caulikin said on the game podcast this week it was a 30m payment up front which is in the nufc bank account (and getting a nice bit of interest i'd say)

-£36m overdraft at the start of the season mind.

but 40m plus in tv money plus season ticket money plus new sponsership money (haven't had a payment in that since the previous deal as freddie spent it all on owen.......thanks freddie.......)

but 40m plus in tv money plus season ticket money plus new sponsership money (haven't had a payment in that since the previous deal as freddie spent it all on owen.......thanks freddie.......)

Which goes to cover costs like a massive wage bill and no income from the stands for 2.5 months. Ashley said he wanted the club to wipe that £36m debt within 5 years, so whatever the ins and outs it stands to reason that almost £30m of that would have remained by the end of this season without a Carroll sale, with it the balance should be back in the black.

Don't think player sales effect turnover, they'll be seen in cash flow.

Which goes to cover costs like a massive wage bill and no income from the stands for 2.5 months. Ashley said he wanted the club to wipe that £36m debt within 5 years, so whatever the ins and outs it stands to reason that almost £30m of that would have remained by the end of this season without a Carroll sale, with it the balance should be back in the black.

Our wage bill isn't massive any more, though obviously its still going to take up over 50% of our turnover.  That £30m will probably have covered the wages we've paid to players so far this financial year.  So its hard to say what the clubs bank account currently looks like, really depends when we receive the TV money (have we or is that the end of the season?).  Either way its safe to say that by the end of the financial year we should be well out of the red.

Don't think player sales effect turnover, they'll be seen in cash flow.

Our wage bill isn't massive any more, though obviously its still going to take up over 50% of our turnover.  That £30m will probably have covered the wages we've paid to players so far this financial year.  So its hard to say what the clubs bank account currently looks like, really depends when we receive the TV money (have we or is that the end of the season?).  Either way its safe to say that by the end of the financial year we should be well out of the red.

tv money is given over the season so far as i know plus extra for live games

Its starting to dawn on them...finally

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=570665

We are living consistently £27m beyond our means

Full stadiums would reduce our annual loss to just £24m 

Yep the income would be nowt really, im starting to worry about this we cant go on making a loss like this imho unless short really is in it to win it. I cant see us breaking our transfer record anytime soon like.

I think we all know where the problem lies and at this moment in time it isn't with the fans

Its disappointing given all the attempts to cut the wage bill that we our wages ratio is still rising!

As someone else has said, be careful slagging Bruce, Quinny and the club off. We are a fed-up owner away from slipping under the water.

We have one fit striker that is ours, two of our back four are on loan, our other top striker is on loan and we have a few more on loan like elmo. We have a half built squad tbh that will need another round of investment to repeat what we might do this season.

Guest neesy111

Sunderland just can't generate any money off the field.  NUFC make quite a bit from the corporate hospitality and conference facilities we have.  We also will make more from sponsorship no doubt as we still do have an international appeal.

About the Carroll fee, the accounts will only show up until 31 July 2010 won't they? So basically last season only.

Also thinking about it, if their wage ratio is so high in these accounts for last season what are next years going to be like after this one?

Not that I'm a compulsive checker of that place, but I notice that RTG is down at the minute.  Presumably the number of threads about our game..?

there will be a few- suicide watch if we win tonight.

If we manage to hold on tonight, there'd only be 2 points between us. They're probably preparing their sack Bruce rants.

and we at home to bolton, they away at everton. theres a chance we could go above them. note that i'm not saying this in a "we have to finish above them " type way but a, many are certain they can't go down and we are in the mire....fwiw i don't think either club is out the woods yet as both teams are capable of going on a shocking run type way.

Guest Wearside

Wage turnover ratio 82.2%

If the figure is correct they r doomed

That figure is not correct,the wages/turnover is 71.2% down from 76.8% in 2009.

Sorry to spoil the fun. :)