Sunderland...

Heron

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Bruce & Quinn on Goals on Sunday. Just been talking about Sunderland Foundation and the work they've done in the community, but how its under threat from government cuts, etc. Reckons Miliband is doing wonders for the club in promoting their international reputation and contacts.

Guest Wearside

after last two results think im resigned to not catching these f***s now like.

There's always next season. ;D

I'm sure you finishing above us will take away any memories of being humiliated on and off the pitch at St James'.  Personally, I wouldn't accept being humiliated by you lot if it meant that we finished above you but with nothing to show for it.

My mates son who is 8 is Newcastle daft and has just been ditched by NUFC ,he started a a year and a half ago and was doing fine until the start of this season when he moved up a level and sent to Stanley of all places to train and be coached by young lads who couldnt give a shit about them and just stood around and talked to each other.Sunderland have now signed him up and he said the difference in attitude,facilities,coaching etc   is first class and makes a mockery of Nufc set up ,the kids train in the same area as the first team and feel part of it but he hasnt turned to the darkside just yet  ;D

Guest Wearside

I'm sure you finishing above us will take away any memories of being humiliated on and off the pitch at St James'.  Personally, I wouldn't accept being humiliated by you lot if it meant that we finished above you but with nothing to show for it.

There's nothing to accept,you battered us on the day fair and square,it's done with now and these things happen in football.After the way all the mags I know personally and ones I work with have went on over the last 2 weeks claiming they were going to overtake us this weekend,I literally cannot wait to go to work tomorrow.I've got £50 bets on with 3 of them aswell over who will finish highest and could be an interesting end to the season.

Established Premier League team revel in finishing above newly promoted rivals despite the established team having a far lower net gain on transfers and having broken their transfer record on a world cup star?  :crazy2:

I'm sure you finishing above us will take away any memories of being humiliated on and off the pitch at St James'.  Personally, I wouldn't accept being humiliated by you lot if it meant that we finished above you but with nothing to show for it.

There's nothing to accept,you battered us on the day fair and square,it's done with now and these things happen in football.After the way all the mags I know personally and ones I work with have went on over the last 2 weeks claiming they were going to overtake us this weekend,I literally cannot wait to go to work tomorrow.I've got £50 bets on with 3 of them aswell over who will finish highest and could be an interesting end to the season.

Sad.  Who gives a shit who finishes where?  There's kids starving in Pennywell and your just throwing away money like it's nothing.

The fact that who finished highest at this stage of our first season back in the league says as much about how little you've moved on since we were relegated.

Guest Wearside

The fact that who finished highest at this stage of our first season back in the league says as much about how little you've moved on since we were relegated.

In the 1999-00 season,we were newly promoted and finished above established Newcastle,it's nothing new that newly promoted teams have good first seasons back.

In the 1999-00 season,we were newly promoted and finished above established Newcastle,it's nothing new that newly promoted teams have good first seasons back.

We're talking about this season, not 1999-2000.  The same could have been said about us back then as could be said about you this season.

after last two results think im resigned to not catching these f***s now like.

you wanna hope quinn and short think that too

Just cannot see Short putting in £25m a season for too much longer. Just to see 10k empty pink seats every fortnight.

Guest elbee909

Gyan on SSN today, when asked if Sunderland girls are sexy he pisses himself laughing, then sings 'they sexy like cheese'. Amazing.  :mackems:

:lol:

What's wrong with cheese being sexy?  This one goes up to eleven. etc.

Guest Wearside

Question for Wearside: How have the 2 new lads been received?

Yes both done well although Sessegnon has been more impressive,like him a lot and think he will be a good signing,only negative with him is that he doesn't like defending much and that sometimes leaves our midfield exposed,one of our best players at Arsenal on Saturday.

Muntari has looked ok in a couple of games and less so in other games but in general hasn't done bad,will be able to judge him better when Cattermole is back and he is not restricted to the defensive side of his game.

From what I've seen so far though I'd be happy if his loan gets made permanent,will be a good addition to a relatively small squad if nothing else.

Guest Wearside

Didn't realise Stephen Clemence was on the coaching staff at Sunderland these days. Never even knew he'd retired.

Aye didn't myself till I seen a bit in the programme the other week,coaches the development squad,mates with Bruce from his Birmingham days apparantly.

Guest Wearside

It's one win. I reckon we'll be ahead of them after 2 more games.

I'd be surprised if you are,I'd be surprised if you get much more than a point at Stoke while we have Liverpool at home and that's a game I expect us to win.