Sunderland...

Heron

All is not well at Sunderland...

Sunderland's Marcos Angeleri has said he does not like the club's manager Steve Bruce and the pair are barely on speaking terms.

Marcos Angeleri has only made two Premier League appearances for Sunderland.

Angeleri, 27, arrived at Sunderland from Estudiantes in his native Argentina in July 2010, but has only made two Premier League appearances for the north-east outfit.

"The boss doesn't talk to me," the defender, capped three times by Argentina, told ESPN Radio. "He doesn't even say hello to me when he sees me.

"I think he doesn't like me because I'm not English. Steve Bruce is not a nice person at all. He is a little unpleasant.

"I have played just a few minutes in Sunderland since my arrival. I want to play, that's my job. That's why I'm not happy here in Sunderland. I don't understand why I'm not playing. The boss is too defensive."

Meanwhile, club chairman Niall Quinn has said the Black Cats will look to sign a centre forward before next season.

Sunderland lost England striker Darren Bent to Aston Villa during the January transfer window in a £24 million deal.

"We want that part of the pitch covered," Quinn told The Journal. "It is a big search, a big ask to try to find that type of player. We want someone with a physical presence."

Guest Wearside

The Bendtner link is in the Star as well, as well as stating they will sign N'Zogbia, Onouha, Welbeck, Muntari & Mensah. Just the slack £50m spending spree for them is it? :idiot2:

Quinn and Bruce have both said at these talk-ins that they have been doing that signing all the loan players and N'Zogbia are priority as well as an "old fashioned centre forward",Bendtner doesn't fit that bill so can't see it being him we are after.

It may well cost the £50m you say but this will be offset by the Bent and Kenwyne Jones money we are still owed and of course there is also the big possibility that Henderson will be sold.

The Bendtner link is in the Star as well, as well as stating they will sign N'Zogbia, Onouha, Welbeck, Muntari & Mensah. Just the slack £50m spending spree for them is it? :idiot2:

Quinn and Bruce have both said at these talk-ins that they have been doing that signing all the loan players and N'Zogbia are priority as well as an "old fashioned centre forward",Bendtner doesn't fit that bill so can't see it being him we are after.

It may well cost the £50m you say but this will be offset by the Bent and Kenwyne Jones money we are still owed and of course there is also the big possibility that Henderson will be sold.

Sadly some club will be gullible enough to believe he's actually a talent.

Guest Wearside

there is also the big possibility that Henderson will be sold.

How much do you expect Henderson to go for?

Somewhere between £12-15m would be my guess.

Tapping up his former players now then, shocking.

Guest Wearside

What are your thoughts on Henderson, Wearside? Because honestly the dozen or so times I've seen him I just don't get it, he seems to do basically nothing.

Not as good as others make him out to be but due to our terrible injury list this season he has had to play in a defensive midfield role for the best part of it and that's not his game,he has played a lot of games for a 20 year old and needs a rest.People need to realise this is the first season playing centre midfield(he has always been a right winger) and he has done well in most games and all the rumours are that he will be going to Man Utd in the summer.

Guest Wearside

Who would he push out of Man Utd's team?  Their weakness, huh weakness, is the central midfield like Carrick in my opinion.

Man Utd would break him in gently,the odd game here and there,not every week like he is now,he would be a big success at United IMO and his passing ability would fit right in there.

His long passing was quite good for the U21s last night. I'm not too keen on his short game though, think the likes of Wilshere and McEachran look more like they could be the future at international level. Quick footwork and short, sharp passing. More like Spain/Barca.

Guest toonlass

Free ticket mackems up to their old tricks. Quinny giving away family tickets for £40 to local schoolkids. Must be having trouble filling the stadium again.

Free ticket mackems up to their old tricks. Quinny giving away family tickets for £40 to local schoolkids. Must be having trouble filling the stadium again.

After the clever plan to fill the stadium then play thrilling, magnificently entertaining Brazil '70 football vs Liverpool?

“In today’s world, there is nothing more damaging than someone suggesting you are racist."

Paedo is worse like. You fucking Paedo.

Since when has nationality equalled race? Typical thick as fuck Sun stuff.

One of those things that is disproportionately irritating to me. Amazes me how many people, media included, seem to think nationality and race discrimination are one and the same.

It might come under that category in legal terms but I still think they are completely seperate. You can change your nationality for starters.

Hey Dave

http://www.rense.com/general31/michaelj.jpg