Sunderland...

Heron

£18m. £18m for Jordan fucking Henderson. If that doesn't signify the absurd transfer market we're dealing with then I don't know what does.

Cahill, Arteta, Tiote, Cabaye and Ben Arfa all for less than Henderson. Dear Lord.

Is that those five combined for cheaper than Henderson?

With some to spare. 1.5 + 2.5 + 3.5 + 4 + 5 if I've got the fees right?

Henderson has a much better chance of developing at Liverpool than he does at Sunderland, there's nothing more football at Sunderland will teach him, polar opposites to Carroll who could have done with another 18 months here.

Still a mad fee, even inflated prices £10m is too much

Doesn't score, can't tackle, doesn't create. Reasonable passer of the ball, heart the size of a pea, can't influence a game in any way, can't head, works reasonably hard, young and English.

£18,000,000. f*** me.  :lol:

Quick. Someone make an Alan Smith brochure and mail it to Anfield.

£18m. £18m for Jordan fucking Henderson. If that doesn't signify the absurd transfer market we're dealing with then I don't know what does.

Cahill, Arteta, Tiote, Cabaye and Ben Arfa all for less than Henderson. Dear Lord.

Is that those five combined for cheaper than Henderson?

With some to spare. 1.5 + 2.5 + 3.5 + 4 + 5 if I've got the fees right?

Fucking hell. :lol:

£18m for Henderson and £24m for Bent.

f***ing hell that's loads of money, actually a bit jealous at the scums.

They can really improve with that money. But at the same time they haven't improved that much even after spending loads already.

Just remember how much we got for Martins and Bassong when we went down and add it to the Carroll money. About £50 Million for them 3 :lol:

Can't remember what fee we got for Martins, but whatever it was it must have been good. However, Bassong was our best player that season and deserved a good fee to leave especially since he's young.

Carroll money is ridiculous and still think it is, no debate on that front though but still £42m million on a good goalscorer and a average midfielder is also whack. But true, we got £35m for Carroll

Could I have an honest description of Jordan Henderson's ability from someone that has seen him more than twice?

I've seen him a few times watching Sunderland games (usually have the "pleasure" of watching televised games with a Mackem mate) and midds has got it spot on. Honestly, he looks "alright" and can pass to an above average quality. He has absolutely no distinctive quality or characteristic. It's purely because he's young and English that has led to his ludicrous fee. Either that or Liverpool are pilled off their faces.

Infact, his passing range is actually pretty good over long distances. For the U-21s he looks good and often runs the show. However his short game is pretty poor, his crosses are average, he can't really tackle very well, doesn't score that many goals, goes missing often... He's decent to average with some potential, but he's not worth that fee in a million years.

Wish Liverpool would wait with this stupidity. Sunderland will have money and time to get some decent players now.

Saying that - Mark Douglas will name four of their targets in the Journal tomorrow.

"Off the top of head: 2 defenders, mid, striker"

How can Liverpool pay £18m for Henderson and insult us with a £4 or 5m offer for Enrique???

Jeez!

Probably all they've got left after spunking £18m on Henderson.

Sorry, got to say that again: £18m on Henderson. Bahahahahahahahahahaha. :lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

What would you honestly see in Henderson to warrant that kind of money? Madness.

Guest bimpy474

Dalglish strikes again.

Henderson 18m  :mackems:

Des Hamilton 2m  :kasper:

Sure knows a crap average midfielder  :clap2: