Sunderland...

Heron

:thup:

How many have they signed now, five? Say what you like about the quality, they're getting a lot of business done in good time.

Their first team isn't stronger than last year though. Gordon, Onouha, Bramble, Mensah, Bardsley, Henderson, Cattermole, Richardson, Welbeck, Gyan and Bent is stronger than Westwood, Brown, Bramble, O'Shea, Bardsley, Larsson, Gardner, Cattermole, Sessagnon, Gyan and Wickham.

Wickham and Sessagnon won't score half the goals Bent and Welbeck did/would.

Hope these aren't true

(Sunderland) says...

Sunderland's hot-spot for players set to sign, Seaham Hall (O'Shea & Brown stayed there before signing) has 2 footballers checked in. Defoe & N'Zogbia...odds slashed on both to come to Sunderland on Sky Bet and seems sense as that's all Sunderland are missing out at the moment.

(Sunderland) says...

The local radio station have had it confirmed on their football talk in that jermaine defoe come into Newcastle airport this afternoon. Mags will be claiming it is to sign for them but another call came in to say he was now at seaham hall along with n'zogbia. This is the same hotel where vaughn, o'shea and brown have been. 2 have signed today, vaughn tomorrow by all accounts, could this be steve bruces icing on the cake?

(Sunderland) says...

After signing John O'Shea and Wes Brown today, tonight Steve Bruce is having talks in Seaham hall hotel with Jermaine Defoe and Charles N'zogbia. You heard it here first and fast

(Sunderland) says...

Defoe and N'Zogbia have been spotted at Seaham Hall luxury hotel in Sunderland! What a pre-season this is!!!

(Names removed to protect the mentally insane)

I think they'll find it's actually 'Seaham Hall luxury hotel in Seaham'. Seaham isn't even in the same county, no matter how much the mackems would like to pretend it is so they can say there's a luxury hotel in Sunderland :lol:

How many have they signed now, five? Say what you like about the quality, they're getting a lot of business done in good time.

Their first team isn't stronger than last year though. Gordon, Onouha, Bramble, Mensah, Bardsley, Henderson, Cattermole, Richardson, Welbeck, Gyan and Bent is stronger than Westwood, Brown, Bramble, O'Shea, Bardsley, Larsson, Gardner, Cattermole, Sessagnon, Gyan and Wickham.

Did you even read my post? :lol:

I didn't judge on whether or not they are stronger, just that they are generally getting shit done in time for pre-season let alone the first game. I think that's useful.

I didn't judge on whether or not they are stronger, just that they are generally getting shit done in time for pre-season let alone the first game. I think that's useful.

It's only useful if they're any good though.

What's the point in signing loads and loads of average players that don't improve you?

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not jealous that with the signings they've made at all, but I am a little bit that they're actually making signings. I'd be really happy with our business if Nolan had stayed, but without him I fear for the whole team spirit factor being lost when it's most needed, in the derbies.

Brown is better than any defender you have

Ok.................

Westwood - experienced international. How many caps have Forster/Krul/Harper between them?

7 Games now makes you an experienced international.

It's only useful if they're any good though.

What's the point in signing loads and loads of average players that don't improve you?

Well one reason we all watch is that football isn't played on paper. We saw first hand last year how team spirit and togetherness can go a long way. They may well be lesser quality players in our opinion, but if that's who the manager wants and/or that's who they can attract then getting them in early in order to start working on things ASAP can only be a positive.

Guest neesy111

Easy enough when your signing freebies and cast offs from relegated sides.

I didn't judge on whether or not they are stronger, just that they are generally getting s*** done in time for pre-season let alone the first game. I think that's useful.

It'll be all irrelevant once the shit hits the fan and Bruce starts throwing out the excuses. "Yeah, I've always believed that when you sign 10 new players you should give them 2 years to settle in.."

The ironic thing is that I'm sure certain people would be criticising NUFC harshly if they had made the same signings, early in the window or not.

Guest neesy111

The ironic thing is that I'm sure certain people would be criticising NUFC harshly if they had made the same signings, early in the window or not.

I would be, like I said they are average signings at best and strikes of desperation a little as every transfer policy before this season has not worked for brucie.

The obsession with Sunderland AFC amongst some Newcastle fans...

:facepalm:

Says the NUFC fan who is from Essex, sorry but if you lived next to mackems / worked with them for most of your life like most on here then you would understand it.  Not having a go, but I think it needs pointing out.

Exactly mate. You're that committed to this club you've put the once in a lifetime round the world trip on hold just so folk know you think Wes Brown's a shit signing. More power to you.  :clap:

:lol:

I would have been happy with their signings but I'm not green with envy because I am happy with ours.

I think there approach has been a bit more average but proven, ours is more of a gamble but if it comes off we will probably have done better.

If we'd signed that pile of overpriced, has-been dross there'd have been huge criticism and rightly so.

I think the more discerning macums, not the window lickers who populate RTG, may be thinking the same.

Brown is better than any defender you have

Ok.................

Westwood - experienced international. How many caps have Forster/Krul/Harper between them?

7 Games now makes you an experienced international.

Kinell :lol: