Sunderland...

Heron

Guest Haris Vuckic

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=629671

There's some really silly mackems in that thread - their main criticism of a tournament they were never good to qualify for is that you couldnt enter two teams from the same city, if the tournament was so redundant then why did the initial UEFA cups use the same qualification policy?

They are so jealous and petty, can they not just let us have one? Nobody in the country thought it was ''mickey mouse'' it was massive at the time and the teams in it were playing at a level just below the european cup - you've got to be in it to win it & the nature of a cup competition can rely on luck sometimes or determination over quality.

Sore losers tbh.

No point in going on about it I suppose but it makes me laugh when they totally make things up and then claim them as fact, ''anyone with a trade fair could enter'', how about no...

There's some really silly mackems in that thread - their main criticism of a tournament they were never good to qualify for is that you couldnt enter two teams from the same city, if the tournament was so redundant then why did the initial UEFA cups use the same qualification policy?

They are so jealous and petty, can they not just let us have one? Nobody in the country thought it was ''mickey mouse'' it was massive at the time and the teams in it were playing at a level just below the european cup - you've got to be in it to win it & the nature of a cup competition can rely on luck sometimes or determination over quality.

Sore losers tbh.

No point in going on about it I suppose but it makes me laugh when they totally make things up and then claim them as fact, ''anyone with a trade fair could enter'', how about no...

you do realise that had we won the fa cup in 73 there would be threads on RTG proclaiming that "teams didn't take it that serious as they were knocked out their stride due to the 3 day week and power strikes, having to play midweek games at 3 or 4pm basically voided the season"

Guest Haris Vuckic

Sore losers tbh.

you do realise that had we won the fa cup in 73 there would be threads on RTG proclaiming that "teams didn't take it that serious as they were knocked out their stride due to the 3 day week and power strikes, having to play midweek games at 3 or 4pm basically voided the season"

A lot of the people on that site are trying to appear knowledgeable by completely making things up, it's baffling, how can they take any reprieve in things they've just made up?

Sore losers tbh.

A lot of the people on that site are trying to appear knowledgeable by completely making things up, it's baffling, how can they take any reprieve in things they've just made up?

it's not making things up, it's more pathetic than that, what they do is the equivilent of watching your team get beat 10-0 but having missed a chance when it was level and claiming if it had went in it would all have been different.

Guest Haris Vuckic

It makes me laugh now that I'm reading it through - The older lads seem to respect the competition - the younger lads try to dismiss it by making things up.

They are so bitter but it often makes funny reading.

Guest Haris Vuckic
We qualified for the intertoto in 2001 and refused to take part. No prizes for guessing who took our place on that occasion, and 2 years later were in the champions league.

;D

I find it particularly amusing that one retard is basing his argument on Ben Arfa getting hauled off in the Blackpool game.

Now forgive me for having a slightly different memory of that day it being part of a 600 mile round trip. Ben Arfa was a 72 minute sub for Jonas in that game and as a result I don't remember seeing him hauled off.

you're right, and he looked great that day. seemed to walk past 3 or 4 players a couple of times but ultimately wasnt on the pitch long enough to make anything significant happen

Yup coupled with Gilks having the game of his life/C****** and Nolan seemingly incapable of hitting a shot with any real power.