Sunderland...

Heron

Today I read a quote in one paper where Steve Bruce was commenting on his squad and time at SMB, the quote was something like this-

"When I came here, I took over a squad that survived on the last day of the season, when Newcastle lost to Aston Villa and went down, blah blah blah... "

Just shows what a fat, bitter cunt he is.

Remember when all the Ghanaian's whined that Sunderland weren't a big enough step up from Rennes for Gyan? That he could do better than us?

I bet they've all hanged themselves after he turned up to watch his new team play in front of a bloke and his extended family in the footballing nation of UAE.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=630527&page=3#ixzz1Yoq8DCEJ

That's funny actually. The Ghanaian's were worried about him playing in Sunderland...and after playing one season in that shithole he decided he'd rather play in front of one man and his extended family in the UAE :lol:

Do they not realise he obviously wanted to be anywhere other than Sunderland, and when a cash-rich club offered huge personal terms, there was no way he was going to reject it?

You're wrong, I don't remember anything about him wanting away before the cash-rich club game in. I remember him coming back dedicated and 'champing at the bit' to get going for his beloved Sunderland.