Sunderland...

Heron

Guest sydneycove

:lol:

Well, tbf, that's a couple of times quotes from SMB have been used in the media. I think that seals it that it's ten times the forum this is.

But...but....but....m(ag)edia?

We are yet to take over the media outlets in Denmark..... like Rupert Murdoch crushing a small town paper we shall crush the media of Denmark soon.

A team which has Lee Cattermole and Karl Henry in the same midfield should be banned from playing football.

and those who think it would be a good pairing should be shot

Also the rest of the crowd in the SOS should be machine gunned as well. By attending the game they are showing tacit support for such a midfield from Hell.

My good lord. :lol:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=629671&page=3

Of the big names that did accept the invitation to participate, very few if any took it seriously and instead looked on it as a chance to blood their youngsters or reserves and consequently most of them didnt go very far.

Possibly for that reason many games were very poorly supported, another reason that very few apart from the likes of Ncl and Rangers were really interested.

I also recall that there was serious trouble with violence and knife attacks especially in the Italian cities at the time that made quite a few reluctant to get involved.

As I said a Non-event as far as most fans and clubs were concerned.

If any further proof was needed just look at the two crap sides that reached the final.

Total nonentities as far as most of the football world was concerned.

4 of the Italy team in the 1970 World Cup Final played against Newcastle a few months later in this tournament. :lol:

Strikes me as a bit of...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2479/4055811468_7e333b5f4a.jpg

Sad bunch of cunts, they got nothing better to discuss than a years old trophy? They're own teams (mis)fortunes and lack of European adventures perhaps.

Titus Shambles made it into Garth Crooks team of the week

Here is the BBC's premier league experts quite unbelivable comments

TITUS BRAMBLE

Centre-back

Sunderland

At his peak he is one of the best defenders in the country and against a powerful Stoke outfit he was. When Titus plays Sunderland seldom lose. Another clean sheet to add to his name.

Did you know? Bramble misplaced just one pass in his own half this weekend.