Sunderland...

Heron

Will all the mackems start to think they are Irish again now like they did when Roy Keane was there?

:lol:

To be sure.

Martin O'Neill is the right man for the job, so he is.

Top of the Table to you.

It's actually times like these when you see the gulf between our two clubs. When they're on a high, but it just doesn't compare to us one bit. They're going on as if this is the biggest and best managerial appointment the club's made in most their lifetimes. To compare, that's pretty much like when we appointed Sir Bobby. Bless them. :lol:

Guest johnson293

It's actually times like these when you see the gulf between our two clubs. When they're on a high, but it just doesn't compare to us one bit. They're going on as if this is the biggest and best managerial appointment the club's made in most their lifetimes. To compare, that's pretty much like when we appointed Sir Bobby. Bless them. :lol:

To be fair, I think it is. Thankfully, success still isn't guaranteed.

The best manager in their lifetimes to go with the greatest squad ever assembled in the last 50 years.....

I can't think of one single thing that could go wrong for them.......  not one single thing......... 

Guest johnson293

He he.... loads of them were criticising us for the sell out against Chelsea, saying it was only because we were 4th/doing well again.

Suddenly, with the potential signing of O'Neill, they are all talking about going back (some after years of staying away), and making it a full house for the next home match.

Not even a hint of Irony, either.

He loves two really big men at the back, in the middle.

None of that ball playing centre half nonsense (which is why he got rid of Cahill and replaced him with Zat Knight), he's very much of the belief that centre halves should put it in row Z.

Which is something which fills me with optimism and hope, as there's nothing I'd like to see more than MON come in for the ginger leg swinger, James Collins.

I never realised Gary Cahill was one of yours, but yeah, a strange one to sell if your club is supposedly on the up.

They had a few decent youth players at Villa, including Cahill.

He sold Gardner to Birmingham, so I assume he rates the £6 million man!

Guest Wally_McFool

3 consecutive 6th Place finishes with Villa (despite having no money)

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?p=11318001#post11318001#ixzz1fNiqoIaR

:lol:

Seems like the Cheesey Chip Munchers have completely forgotten about the highly successful managerial appointments at Newcastle and Middlesbrough,  Sourmess, and Wee Jimmy Krankie who both had similar records to O'Neill.

I look forward to the CCMs turning on O'Neill sooner rather than later.

http://i43.tinypic.com/1osoqu.png

And lo the cycle doth continue.

:D And so it shall (hopefully).

I actually wonder if O'Neill can handle the mackems' expectations. He is a "big name" (amongst the press anyway) so I think the mackems' expectations will rise quite significantly. I'm thinking that he'll probably have a tough time keeping the fans happy.....

Guest johnson293

Masterplan_safc Masterplan

Martin O'Neill's last game in charge of a PL game ended with him relegating nufc. Legend. #SAFC

Except it didn't, ye daft cunt.

He he - selective memory - just ignore the whole 2009-10 season.

I don't have a problem with all the money he spent at Villa - he was rebuilding a squad. The main issue with all the players he bought was that (a) their wages were massive (b) he ended up feuding with/not playing many of them © he didn't have viable exit plans for them, he just expected the owners to cough up more. Lerner told him to take some responsibility for them, so he quit.

I can't see him taking the Sunderland job without the owners promising him money. Does anyone know off the top of their head how their finances are?