Sunderland...

Heron

:lol:

Madness, man. Should seriously put that place in Lockdown so the disease doesn't spread.

Hopefully one of them gets the bad aids, that'll be them all dead within 3 years. At least the odd survivor who doesn't interbreed can use it as an excuse for falling attendants.

So, a last minute winner against one of the worst sides in the league at home, with that side a) missing its 2 most creative players, b) picking up several injuries as the match went on, c) not being awarded a rather clear penalty and d) being denied a legitimate goal just because Westwood completely misjudged the flight of the ball?

I can entirely see why they think they'll be taking trips to the likes of Seville, Rome and Eindhoven next year.

Is it time for them to claim they're going to conquer the football world again? Heard it all before. They'll improve, but won't finish as well as they expected they would before the season started.

Great support yesterday. The numerous "Stand up if you hate the mags" chants must have been the difference between winning and losing. Then there was the "our season starts here" banner, which wouldn't have been complete without an FTM in the corner of it.

Is it time for them to claim they're going to conquer the football world again? Heard it all before. They'll improve, but won't finish as well as they expected they would before the season started.

Pretty much.

the term 'next level' is being rolled out in sunderland again :lol:- only club ive ever heard use terms like that. top dogs etc.

Even with their 'mini revival' on the cards, I think it's too late for them to make up the gap with the Europe-bound teams. Mid-table is the best they can hope for, and that's with an exceptional improvement. I'd be extremely disappointed with our season if we ended up near them.

Only in Sunderland can scraping a flukey last minute home win against the league's worst team, who had a perfectly good goal disallowed and missing their two best players EQUAL a messiahtastic new begining of world football domination. You couldn't make it up.

All hail the new Barcelona. FTM.

Going on about getting Bent back for 10m ffs :lol:

Also, what is it with thinking the managers will "get the best out of their players"?

Had it with Bruce, "Will get the best out of Bendtner" & "Will get the best out of O'Shea and Brown"

Look you fuckwits, if Wenger and Fergie can't get the "best" out of them, what the fuck is a fat lesbian going to do.

They're at it again with O'Neill "Hew man....get the best ewt of im like".

Pit-yacker fucks.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I think they'll probably get into Europe through the new 'Classiest Fans League' which has been introduced instead of the fair play league

Even with their 'mini revival' on the cards, I think it's too late for them to make up the gap with the Europe-bound teams. Mid-table is the best they can hope for, and that's with an exceptional improvement. I'd be extremely disappointed with our season if we ended up near them.

Only points after O'Neill came in will count.  Watch.

Only points after O'Neill came in will count.  Watch.

Quit knocking Billy Bullshit's Barcelona.

FTM.

Seriously, can't help myself, the Daily Mail is sat around the house and I have to take a peek.. Martin Samuel today comparing Man U's 'crisis' and how they'll easily come back better than ever thanks to the financial fair play rules that will prevent Martin O'Neil ever dreaming of turning Sunderland into his own Barcelona.. I kid you not. Fuck sake. :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2072910/Manchester-United-make-sure-UEFA-right-Martin-Samuel.html

The Stretford End can sleep easy. Long term, there really is no crisis at Manchester United: UEFA will see to that. Right now, however easily  Wolverhampton Wanderers were rolled over on Saturday, issues remain.

The midfield needs an upgrade, the young players will take time to develop and replacing all-time greats such as Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs is near impossible.

The growing power of Manchester City may even test the resolve of Sir Alex Ferguson. Stay strong, however, and all will return to its natural order.

Why do you think David Gill,  Manchester United's chief executive, is so staunchly behind the new financial fair play regulations? He knows that, once established, they will give United the clout to overcome setbacks far greater than defeat in Basle.

Their spending power will be so huge, their advantages so many, that an early Champions League exit will be as unlikely as a lap of honour from Malcolm Glazer.

Even before Wednesday's defeat, Gill was insisting that UEFA impose 'appropriate sanctions' on clubs who fail to comply with financial fair play. This lobbying will redouble with United vulnerable.

So forget talk of the empire falling. United may have rough times immediately ahead, but long-term can emerge stronger than ever.

Any despondency around Old Trafford is as misplaced as the optimism that has met Martin O'Neill's arrival at Sunderland. Not because he is the wrong appointment. Not because he cannot turn the club round.

The drama of the win over Blackburn Rovers is precisely the type of energy Sunderland hoped the new manager would bring. The problem is that even in the short time O'Neill has been out of football, the rules of engagement have changed. The ambition he once shared with Randy Lerner at Aston Villa is no longer legal.

At Sunderland, O'Neill must learn to know his place. And what a dead end street it is.

Sunderland have never benefited from the riches and global profile of the modern European game, so have a limited fan base at home and abroad. So even if O'Neill persuaded Ellis Short, the owner, to spend big in pursuit of a dream, those plans would be strangled at birth.

Sunderland are not allowed to grow through owner investment, so O'Neill's fantasy of one day producing a team to play like Barcelona will remain just that.

There are only two ways Sunderland can challenge the elite: the first is to buy a way in, which is no longer permitted; the second is to produce young players of such brilliance that massive improvement occurs organically.

And good luck with that. At the first sign of promise, one of UEFA's anointed few will swoop and the player will be lost. Where is Jordan Henderson now? Where is Wayne Rooney? Andy Carroll? Phil Jones?

As the regulations that limit a club's potential begin to bite, the appeal of playing for a club of Sunderland's stature will reduce further. More than ever, the focus will be on a well-established elite; and top of that pile will be Manchester United.

So if O'Neill wishes to coach the next Barcelona he has one hope. It is that, short-term, United's pains worsen, Ferguson tires of the struggle and the enterprising manager of Sunderland becomes his successor.

Although, quite who will want O'Neill's old job by then remains to be seen.

Nicklas Bendtner demands free pizza, begs young girls for money

Ekstra Bladent reports that after a drunken Saturday night in Copenhagen, the injured Sunderland striker went into a pizzeria without any money and tried to get himself a free pizza (

From Ekstra Bladent:

"He was f***ing arrogant and came up as if he owned the place. Everyone just stood and looked at each other and shook their heads over the way he behaved," says a 22-year-old carpenter who ran into Bendtner in front of the pizzeria after a night out. [...]

"He played really stupid. When he could not pay, he demanded to get free pizza and said: 'Do you not know who I am? I can buy the whole pizzeria,'" says one of the staff at Pizza House. [...]

"We told him that it did not matter who he was. If he could not pay, there was no pizza," says the pizza man who does not want his name revealed.

After some time, where Bendtner begged and begged the many pizzeria guests to fund his food, a couple of young girls at last took pity on the famous football player and paid about 120 kroner, which the pizza cost.

Don't believe that? Well, the site also has a phone video of Bendtner arguing with the unnamed pizza man.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/flash/dkkendte/article1673166.ece

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Nicklas-Bendtner-demands-free-pizza-begs-young-?urn=sow-wp7393