Newcastle United 2 - 0 Nott'm Forest - 29/03/10 - post match reaction from p15

Dave

Guest BooBoo

A great battle and a superb advert for the Championship. Our desire to  win was unreal and topped off in the best possible fashion.

Guest michaelfoster

1. Newcastle    p39    83pts

2. WBA            p40    79pts

---------------------------------------

3. Nottm F      p40    70pts

4. Cardiff        p39    62pts

I thought Forest were very good in places, lots of pace and very good at closing us down.  So happy we scored and went on to get another late on.  Was a great game to watch overall.  Thought Jose Enrique was fantastic and Jonas was great too.  Well done to Ameobi for coming on and scoring a very good goal his back heel to setup Jose was class.

:smitten:

Tell you what, the way Enrique, arguably your best and most popular player, came inside and tucked it home for 2-0 and to confirm promotion, was in a way similar to your 5-0 v Man Utd. No, different level of opposition for the time being but it was probably a perfect end to this game which sees you up.

Jose was absolutely beyond brilliant - just a joy to watch.  Seeing his reaction after the goal showed you everything you need to know about how much this club means to him. 

Great great night.

Mint finish to the game. Loved how we pushed on and didn't look scared when we were 1 up. Makes a fucking change.

Yep, once we got the first we just battered them really. Props to Hughton for encouraging that attitude in the second half of the season.

Mint finish to the game. Loved how we pushed on and didn't look scared when we were 1 up. Makes a fucking change.

This.

We look very confident now.

Totally different team than the first half of the season.

TBH i think Routledge was a excellent signing.

He plays a major part in our excellent form lately.

Now we have two good wings, much more balanced.

And its much harder to defend against us, as we are not so one dimensional.

I love it!

Guest Phil K

is that us up?

Probably. Not mathematically yet though.

Forest have 6 games left and are 13 points behind. If we beat Peterbrough and they lose, we're up.

If we get no less than they do over next two games, we're up

So even to a pessimist like me, it's nigh on impossible to do a Devon Loch.

have to say i'm really warming to hughton as well. since the january signings we've been attacking at every opportunity. the way he celebrated the goals tonight shows you just how much he cares, and as the season's gone on his interviews have shown him to be very steely faced and focused. looks like he means business basically.