Newcastle United 2 - 0 Nott'm Forest - 29/03/10 - post match reaction from p15

Dave

2-0 flattered Forest a bit. The commentators were bigging them up throughout the game, but we always looked stronger.

Nolan played surprisingly well. He looks better in that anchor role.

Shola gets more than his share of stick, so I was pleased to see him scoring the first goal and creating the second.

Guest BooBoo

I thought Williamson looked very good tonight in the face of some decent Forest pressure. Sliced on clearance but other than that he missed nothing. Looks a very very astute signing.

2-0 flattered Forest a bit. The commentators were bigging them up throughout the game, but we always looked stronger.

Nolan played surprisingly well. He looks better in that anchor role.

Shola gets more than his share of stick, so I was pleased to see him scoring the first goal and creating the second.

shola is clumsy, and his movement off the ball is sluggish, but you can't deny he is dangerous. for all the other strikers have better all round games than he does, he always has goals and chances at the forefront of his mind when he's playing.

also agree about Nolan. best ive seen him play all season.

Guest Phil K

I've long since noticed that when the Shola sneerers are in full flow, the big lad scores.

Let 'em dish out the stick sez I

Williamson was a monster in the air tonight. If Jose wasn't so amazing he'd have been my motm.

Would've been my MOM if hadn't been for José and Shola's magic in the second. Won every header/tackle he went in for.

Guest Phil K

Williamson was a monster in the air tonight. If Jose wasn't so amazing he'd have been my motm.

Didn't watch it, but the lads on the radio - Bob Moncur and Justin - where drooling at Williamson's performance, and urging Enrique to have a crack all through the 2nd half.

I loved how all the players jumped on Jose when he scored.

Shows you how much team spirit we have.

Only Newcastle supporter in the pub - get it up you all who looked at me when I celebrated both goals :D

Guest guinness_fiend

fair play to shola like, i slag him to the high heavens but he did very well tonight.

He cheated at every opportunity.  He has the first touch of a rapist.  He has no footballing brain whatsoever...

...but christ, he somehow manages to keep scoring.

Deal-with-the-devil-tastic if you ask me.  Where's your soul, Shola?  In a box with Big Red, mate.

Guest Phil K

I loved how all the players jumped on Jose when he scored.

Shows you how much team spirit we have.

Only Newcastle supporter in the pub - get it up you all who looked at me when I celebrated both goals :D

What pub where ?

Williamson and Colo were good, but i felt that they let their strikers get away from them on 3 or 4 occasions. didnt matter in the end, but i do wonder about them as a pairing in the premiership - neither are the fastest or can cover the most ground. would still like an extra centre-half in the mix who is better with recovery tackles.