The "We Won't Win Another Game This Season" Fred aka Relegation-o-meter

Stu
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think it's pointless predicting at this point in time. Too much else to settle down in the league yet. A lot of unexpected results all over the shop. Sure, it doesn't help if we're going to capitulate a half-time lead as we did today, but it's way too early to be saying we're too poor a team to stay up. I think today's result is good for one thing - it takes off the sheen of Wednesday's result at Stamford Bridge and brings us down to Earth with a bump. But that's exactly what we need. We need to keep it real. We're not world-beaters, but we're not shite either.

No need for panic just yet. Someone at work said we were relegation fodder today, but for me you've got to be losing week in week out for that. Another quote was "its a waste of time beating Everton if you lose to Stoke". Well, they don't take 3 points back off you for losing after a win. The points all add up at the end of the season. Really, you only need average a point per game and you should stay up, so we're on course for that.

I also think we have a better squad than in our relegation season. I just hope Hughton makes best use of that squad.

If we go through the whole season winning 2 and drawing 1 out of every 6 games, we still stay up fairly comfortably with around 42-43 points. Think Hughton was spot on when he said we'll lose more than we win, but it's still not the end of the world this season.

i think so...

Early days, but 40 points might not be enough this season. There are lot of poor teams picking up good results early season, and no teams getting cast adrift, if that maintains through the season, that could be bad for us.

We simply have to improve at home, we are not going to beat the likes of Everton every week so we really need to win the games we are supposed to.

Before the season started I was fairly confident of survival, but our inability to beat the teams around us has me more worried than I was about our chances.

Early days, but 40 points might not be enough this season. There are lot of poor teams picking up good results early season, and no teams getting cast adrift, if that maintains through the season, that could be bad for us.

We simply have to improve at home, we are not going to beat the likes of Everton every week so we really need to win the games we are supposed to.

Before the season started I was fairly confident of survival, but our inability to beat the teams around us has me more worried than I was about our chances.

There has only been 6 games played tbf.

The league will only start to take shape properly after 12-15 games.

Upto and including the Man City game I'd forecasted us to have 5 points. I'll still stick with therest of my predictions which will see us finish on 40'poinys which will see us safe.

Lose to Man C and fail to beat Wigan, then watch the ratings start to rise....I was a 7.5 before we signed HBA and Tiote but I haven't downgraded that yet.....

Alternatively, we'll get a result against Man City and people will forget that this thread even exists... Until the next time we lose of course.

The atmosphere here has been stunningly bipolar this season.