You're Mike Ashley - what do you do?

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest The_Scoreboard

the vote going the respectful and right way, deserves the chance in the prem and so long as JFK doesnt come back i'm happy ;D

Hire Max Clifford & get your message (whatever that may be) & how things are out via the match day programme, the local rags & NUFC.co.uk, build bridges while the going is good. Don't be tight with season ticket deadlines either.

As for signings there will be a few "out of contract in the summer" available to talk & sign for other clubs now, announce one before the season end to keep the place buzzing.

Has to back CH with loot in the summer & the again in Jan with: fuck me where in the shite signings or we are doing well let sign someone for next season now.

Offer it anyway, if he turns it down......

It would be ridiculously disrespectful and show that we've not moved on as a club in any way. Laughing stock yet again.

It would be ridiculously disrespectful and show that we've not moved on as a club in any way. Laughing stock yet again.

Show who? Laughing stock to who?

Fuck public perception, big decisions are there to be made.

Never in a million years will Ashley cut Hughton loose. However good/bad we think Hughton is, he doesn't deserve that.

The question is what budget will Hughton get and will he use it to the fullest.

Thanking and replacing him immediately with someone clearly better/more experienced would make sense; I just think dismissing him by offering a coaching role would be unpalatable in the extreme. It would be taking the piss out of him.

How about the perception among managers? Ashley'll be the one who sacked Sam Allardyce after giving him terrible support in the transfer market (postponing decisions forever), forced out club legend Kevin Keegan after not supporting him in the transfer market, hired an Irishman with unwashed hair, then made a profit in the transfer market with the club in a relegation battle, then sold everything that could walk during the next transfer window and only hired Chris Hughton when the transfer window was closed.

And now you think it would be a wise idea -- fuck public perception -- to sack a manager who has done a good job considering the circumstances, so that Ashley could hire ... oh, Moronho? Who the fuck would want to work for the guy, apart from some absolute moron who spends all his time on football messageboards?

f*** public perception, big decisions are there to be made.

How about the perception among managers? Ashley'll be the one who sacked Sam Allardyce after giving him terrible support in the transfer market (postponing decisions forever), forced out club legend Kevin Keegan after not supporting him in the transfer market, hired an Irishman with unwashed hair, then made a profit in the transfer market with the club in a relegation battle, then sold everything that could walk during the next transfer window and only hired Chris Hughton when the transfer window was closed.

And now you think it would be a wise idea -- f*** public perception -- to sack a manager who has done a good job considering the circumstances, so that Ashley could hire ... oh, Moronho? Who the f*** would want to work for the guy, apart from some absolute moron who spends all his time on football messageboards?

Ronaldo

You are just the type of person who would be the first to run when the going gets tough. No-one would want the likes of you alongside them in the trenches.

If we sacked Hughton now, we would certainly be the laughing stock of the football world. People like Ronaldo can only see a minor part of the entire problem that exisited at the club. They dont know the entire story therefore their opinions should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Furthermore, by sacking Hughton, what message does this send out to any interested managers, apart from SGE who is so desperate, he would probably manage Hartlepool United. We have been crying out for some sort of stability for years and just when we seem to be close to getting that, idiots like Ronaldo want to wreck it all.

In the words of Captain Mainwaring...................STUPID BOY.

back him. he's spent well so far IMO. he simply has to back his manager.

:thup:

Give him his chance, there's noone that stands out as a replacement atm.

I'd sack Hughton and replace him with a proper manager and give that manager £100 million over the next 3 years.  I would go behind Hughtons back and replace him before sacking him to make sure that I could get the person who I wanted at the club.

I'd sack Hughton and replace him with a proper manager and give that manager £100 million over the next 3 years.  I would go behind Hughtons back and replace him before sacking him to make sure that I could get the person who I wanted at the club.

Your are hard man Mick.

And now you think it would be a wise idea -- f*** public perception -- to sack a manager who has done a good job considering the circumstances, so that Ashley could hire ... oh, Moronho? Who the f*** would want to work for the guy, apart from some absolute moron who spends all his time on football messageboards?

Ronaldo

You are just the type of person who would be the first to run when the going gets tough. No-one would want the likes of you alongside them in the trenches.

If we sacked Hughton now, we would certainly be the laughing stock of the football world. People like Ronaldo can only see a minor part of the entire problem that exisited at the club. They dont know the entire story therefore their opinions should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Furthermore, by sacking Hughton, what message does this send out to any interested managers, apart from SGE who is so desperate, he would probably manage Hartlepool United. We have been crying out for some sort of stability for years and just when we seem to be close to getting that, idiots like Ronaldo want to wreck it all.

In the words of Captain Mainwaring...................STUPID BOY.

First to run when the going gets tough? Just listen to yourself, man. :lol:

Yes, I want to wreck it all. I'd like to see us appoint a manager with big league pedigree because i've had enough of the success derived from going to 24th place Sheff Wed and playing for a draw.

If I was Ashley I would back him 100%, their is no other option, like it has already been said it sends out the wrong message and noone would be willing to come to the club, and even though I personally don't see him as a manager he has earned his opportunity.

The best thing is to hope that Hughton resigns at the end of the season.

Who suggested that we sack him?