Messi

Thespence

The World Cup isn't exactly gonna make or break him, but it's an important part of your game to be able to deal with the pressure on such a massive stage. Plus, it'll get you known to hordes of people who otherwise didn't know you existed.

I kinda agree, it probably shouldn't matter that much in terms of showcasing your ability (I do rate club football higher than international football) but it puts your name in the minds of people.

Incidentally, do people consider Di Stéfano one of the greats outside Spain? He didn't even play in a WC.

Aye.

Guest firetotheworks

Exactly, no one would expect it of Drogba, Weah, Eto'o, Ibrahimovic etc like they are with Messi, despite them being lead by a complete nutter. fwiw I still think he'll shine, and if he doesn't it'll allow someone else in that team the chance to.

The World Cup isn't exactly gonna make or break him, but it's an important part of your game to be able to deal with the pressure on such a massive stage. Plus, it'll get you known to hordes of people who otherwise didn't know you existed.

I kinda agree, it probably shouldn't matter that much in terms of showcasing your ability (I do rate club football higher than international football) but it puts your name in the minds of people.

Incidentally, do people consider Di Stéfano one of the greats outside Spain? He didn't even play in a WC.

Even though the quality in the Champions League is higher it is still the ultimate footballing spectacle.

Exactly, no one would expect it of Drogba, Weah, Eto'o, Ibrahimovic etc like they are with Messi, despite them being lead by a complete nutter. fwiw I still think he'll shine, and if he doesn't it'll allow someone else in that team the chance to.

I dunno if we're discussing the same thing. I don't think Messi has to win the WC, but just to perform well. Plenty of players aren't as well known around the world as they should be, simply because they've never turned up at a world cup, whether they've choked or whether they're from Wales.

Guest firetotheworks

I dunno if we're discussing the same thing. I don't think Messi has to win the WC, but just to perform well. Plenty of players aren't as well known around the world as they should be, simply because they've never turned up at a world cup, whether they've choked or whether they're from Wales.

Nah we are. I just think there's more pressure on Messi to be some kind of footballing Neo, because of how good he is.

Nah we are. I just think there's more pressure on Messi to be some kind of footballing Neo, because of how good he is.

Aye, you're probably right. Comes with the job like, expect Rooney to be built up beyond all belief when May comes.

Aye, you're probably right. Comes with the job like, expect Rooney to be built up beyond all belief when May comes.

Aye no doubt. He's not on the same level as Messi mind.

Guest neesy111

I think we have a chance, Fat Nike will splash the £120mill to bring him here

:lol:

since when did nike own us  :lol: :lol:

Guest neesy111

Can he ride a bike and eat an apple at the same time, though?

He can probably fucking ride an apple and eat a bike this lad.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

can he make an apple into a bike?

Reckon we should try and arrange a "Sir Bobby Robson memorial tournament" in the summer and invite Barca, PSV and so on just to see Messi at SJP :smitten:

I like that idea. Send all proceeds to the SBR foundation.

The best dribbler in the Argie squad says Messi will never come to England

Newcastle United midfielder Jonas Gutierrez believes fellow Argentine Lionel Messi will never play in England.

Having developed through the ranks of the Barcelona youth system, and been nurtured through his teenage years to become one of the modern day footballing greats, Gutierrez believes his countryman’s loyalty will see him finish his career in Catalonia.

“I think he [lionel Messi] is going to finish his career there [barcelona] – he’s always said that. In Spain, they talk the same language and he’s been there since he was very young," he told the Mirror.

“A lot of top English and European clubs would love to have him. Messi could do it anywhere, no problem about that. But he’s at one of the biggest clubs in the world and happy at Barca.”

The Magpie winger added: “In the last two or three years, Messi has been unbelievable.

“He’s an important part of our Argentina team. We go to South Africa knowing the best player in the world is in our team.”

It remains to be seen whether the reigning World footballer of the year will ever be tempted to ply his trade outside of Spain.

However, after scoring four times past Arsenal in the Champions League to book a semi-final place, and scoring past Real Madrid on Saturday to take Barcelona three points top at the Primera Division summit, Messi will play a pivotal role in his club’s success this year.

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/222/transfer-zone/2010/04/11/1873412/barcelona-star-lionel-messi-will-never-move-to-england

Two lads whispering to Colo "I'd let you shag my wife"

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/81437745.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548E7FC56B5A439AC7EC1F83640C1605A3040E5E1F94A075DF1E30A760B0D811297