Roy stopped me being a Duffer

jwillie

DAMIEN DUFF has thanked Fulham boss Roy Hodgson for revitalising his career.

The Republic of Ireland ace has been a key figure in the Cottagers' fairytale Europa League campaign, with the highlight being the sensational 5-4 aggregate victory over Juventus in the last 16.

Duff lines up against Wolfsburg tonight as Fulham bid to claim a place in the semi-finals of the tournament knowing Hodgson has played a big part in transforming his fortunes.

The winger's arrival at Craven Cottage last season ended an unhappy three-year spell with Newcastle which saw him ravaged by injuries and poor form.

Duff, 31, said: "It was well documented that my three years at Newcastle didn't work out so it was a massive move for me to come to Fulham to get my career going again.

"I knew the gaffer from my Blackburn days so it was always going to be exciting.

"Working with him has sparked me again — I've loved every minute of it and it's been really enjoyable.

"It's just what I needed after my three years at Newcastle. It's been a great season."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2924439/Damien-Duff-Roy-Hodgson-saved-my-career.html#ixzz0kWaIYQbo

Can't stand him. Decent end product, at least compared to the other wingers that were here during his spell here, but too slow and never looked comfortable enough to beat his man.

Hope he plays on the right wing against us next season so Jose can show him up for the waste of space he is.

Danny Simpson could probably do it so I wouldn't worry about where he plays.

I always cringe when I read players, suggesting that we should feel sorry for them for having to endure time at Newcastle United. The poor boy, having to pick up 50 grand a week, the lack of any form shown was purely down to having to play for us.

"Just what i needed after 3 years at Newcastle"

yet the fucker was saying he wanted to stay and "fight" when we went down. Out of everyone, i was most please when this guy left. couldnt bear the thought he was on £60k a week for us.

"Just what i needed after 3 years at Newcastle"

yet the fucker was saying he wanted to stay and "fight" when we went down. Out of everyone, i was most please when this guy left. couldnt bear the thought he was on £60k a week for us.

i am in love with ur avatar thing. beautiful.

From what I have seen of him at Fulham he is no better than when he was here.

It is players like him who are happy to come for the wages but, really can't be arsed to play for the team that I am glad we won't see the likes of again under the current regeim!

Hope he plays on the right wing against us next season so Jose can show him up for the waste of space he is.

Danny Simpson could probably do it so I wouldn't worry about where he plays.

Hell I'm confident Ryan Taylor could probably handle the fucker.

Has spent the season as a key figure in a Fulham side having a good season in the Premier League and who are in the quarter finals of the Uefa Cup.

But yeah, not good enough for us.... :rolleyes:

There's always one, well some mothers do have em as the saying goes :razz:

Did he come here just to pick up wages?  We'll never know.  What we do know is that he didn't really set the world alight when he was here but I'm not sure how much can be down to him being shit or for his time at the club, the club being total shit as well.  Would you get out of bed in the morning on a snowy day and give it your all for Joe fucking Kinnear?

Has spent the season as a key figure in a Fulham side having a good season in the Premier League and who are in the quarter finals of the Uefa Cup.

But yeah, not good enough for us.... :rolleyes:

He clearly wasn't though :lol: He is one of the most consistently unproductive attacking players that played for this club in this last decade. For all the criticism of Oba, Owen, Viduka, Milner, N'Zogbia, etc. for all these players you can point back to at least 7-10 matches in which they were truly class and among our best players. I'm not sure you can do that with Mr. Damien.

Always was a good player. That was a daft bandwagon i wasnt going to jump on.

No surprise he's doing well under a good manager.