Bassong

Nepharite

Felt he was our best player last year, don't know why people are so eager to have a dig at him. Sure I'm disappointed that he left, but this is a player we bought for 500k and sold for 8-12m so I'm not complaining like.

Pretty much forgotten about him tbh. Tragic how, after years of problems with the centre-backs, we finally unearth an absolute gem and we're relegated the same year. Total bastard how he and Faye were only at the club for one year each.

Pretty much forgotten about him tbh. Tragic how, after years of problems with the centre-backs, we finally unearth an absolute gem and we're relegated the same year. Total bastard how he and Faye were only at the club for one year each.

This never goes down well, but Faye was never that good here.  Massively over-rated in fact.

Disagree but i can't remember enough about him to establish a convincing argument. I could go down the black power route but that might open a can of worms, so i'll just say he was really good.

He definitely wasn't 'massively overrated' though.

Disagree but i can't remember enough about him to establish a convincing argument. I could go down the black power route but that might open a can of worms, so i'll just say he was really good.

He definitely wasn't 'massively overrated' though.

Agree to disagree. :thup:

Anyway, if you want to open a proper can of worms, you mention him leaving after falling out with Keegan. :lol:

He really did, aye [played well at def mid]. Played against Chelsea and then at home to Manchester City in successive games, and played really well in that deep position.

In all seriousness, i thought Faye was a quality centre-back. He absolutely dominated the air and was deceptively quick. Whilst he was more of a bruiser, and Bassong being better with the ball at his feet, they'd have made a quality little partnership. For next to nowt n'all. As well as he's done this season, selling Faye and buying Coloccini last summer has to be one of the most shite transfer decisions ever.

Guest BooBoo

Once Faye fell out with KK he was only going to be sold. Once Keegans been crossed, he never forgives/forgets.

I think Faye was liked because we had players with a lot of attributes that could make them fantastic defenders but they didn't use them nearly enough (bramble/boumsong) then we get this no nonsense beast who knew his limitations and used what he had to good effect.

I liked Faye, he was definitely better than the previous Faye I backed to do well for us :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

We've had a decent run of signing efficient defenders, its just a shame it hasn't correlated to signing efficient/creative midfielders too.

Once Faye fell out with KK he was only going to be sold. Once Keegans been crossed, he never forgives/forgets.

:snod:

Selfish cunt he is. Always thinking about number one.

Not far shy of the truth tbf. But, hey ho...

Faye wanted to move to the North West though, the only falling out he had was with the other players with African roots once he had a fight was CNZ.

As Tony Pulis said at the time of signing him "He wants to move back to the North West"

Hmmmm think he would have stood out in the Championship if he had stayed, he would have been a class above but going to Spuds I think he has looked ordinary at best.

Still lots of time for him to improve though, however I can see Harry not wanting to wait for that to happen and buying a CB to fit in a head of him in the squad.

Apart from with bez, he said he was extremely lucky not to be sold after is run in

Well put, Jon.

Faye was very good, perfect foil for Colo if ever there was one.

Based on his performances in the Prem, the perfect foil for Coloccini would be playing another five centre halves behind him to try and cover all his mistakes.

Butt and Smith provided no cover for the defence last season as they were slow as shit. Get off his back.

Guest BooBoo

Apart from with bez, he said he was extremely lucky not to be sold after is run in

Bez said though that his relationship with KK was never the same. At a charity game years later KK met Bez with "Hi John, I hope you're not going to tell me to fuck off today."

:facepalm: