PFA Awards

Thespence

Cesc is pretty much hated by other clubs cant see many players ticking the VOTE CESC box.

He is a bit of a prick like, seems to have cut out a lot of his petulance mind in the last few seasons. Best central midfielder in the Premiership for me.

And still (rightly) not good enough for Spain :cheesy:

Cesc is pretty much hated by other clubs cant see many players ticking the VOTE CESC box.

He is a bit of a prick like, seems to have cut out a lot of his petulance mind in the last few seasons. Best central midfielder in the Premiership for me.

Oh I totally agree on that point. That's why I find all of the links back to Barca at this stage of his career ridiculous as he wouldn't get in their first team.

Oh I totally agree on that point. That's why I find all of the links back to Barca at this stage of his career ridiculous as he wouldn't get in their first team.

Xavi isn't getting any younger though at 31. Fabregas, Iniesta and Xavi would be battling for two spots and I reckon Fabregas would get plenty of games during a full season.

Iniesta seems to miss a couple months every season, and he's also played in the wings sometimes. No doubt the three of them would see ample playing time if we signed Cesc.

And we need time to reeducate him before he becomes Gerrard mk II. He's becoming a bit of a glory player lately.

Always annoys me how these awards are for "Player of the Year", when the season has blatantly taken place in two seperate years.

Ridiculous that Luka Modric isn't in the Young Player's list, when you consider he was 23 at the start of the season.

As an aside, I think Milner will be bought by Man U this summer for 20 million pounds, be a massive flop there, and be sold back to a midtable side where he will flourish. That is his career plan.

Always annoys me how these awards are for "Player of the Year", when the season has blatantly taken place in two seperate years.

This is one of the pettiest things I've ever heard.

12 months is still a year, no matter what month it begins from.

Rooney is also a penalty taker.

What has that got to do with anything? I have seen pens saved only morons class them automatic goals. Drog takes freekicks which again means nowt as it all about scoring not the method.

Ridiculous that Luka Modric isn't in the Young Player's list, when you consider he was 23 at the start of the season.

As an aside, I think Milner will be bought by Man U this summer for 20 million pounds, be a massive flop there, and be sold back to a midtable side where he will flourish. That is his career plan.

I think they'll snap up Joe Cole on a free tranfer personally.

I think they'll snap up Joe Cole on a free tranfer personally.

Wouldn't be suprised, Ferguson is very much a long time admirer of Cole. Would be a very good acquisiton for them.

Rooney is also a penalty taker.

What has that got to do with anything? I have seen pens saved only morons class them automatic goals. Drog takes freekicks which again means nowt as it all about scoring not the method.

They're not automatic goals, but they certainly pad your stats quite handsomely.

E.g. 54 Games, 17 goals and 6 assists from a player in the Football League, I'm sure it's not that hard to guess who.

Don't think you can compare pens to free-kicks like, a lot of penalty takers wouldn't be able to score from a free-kick.

Look at Beckham, no way were the free-kicks he scored as easy as a penalty.

Don't think you can compare pens to free-kicks like, a lot of penalty takers wouldn't be able to score from a free-kick.

I am not, I am saying when I look at goals total for season I dont consider method, such as number of offside goals scored.

People said similar things about Carrick, and to be fair he has more than held his own and has enhanced his reputation since leaving the Spuds.

I think Milner will be bought by Man U this summer for 20 million pounds, be a massive flop there, and be sold back to a midtable side where he will flourish. That is his career plan.

Manchester United are planning to make Aston Villa  midfielder James Milner their prime transfer target this summer, according to a report from The Daily Star.