NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I would have Diarra in a heartbeat. He's a monster, mobile, strong in the air, physical. He would play the 'Smith' role but would actually be good at it.

We won't sign him of course, but until he signs for someone else I'm going to pretend we're in with a chance. I reckon he'd be class for us.

Probably not a bad idea to have a look at the players who've fallen from favour at some of the bigger European clubs and then go in with a cheeky loan bid, maybe even someone like Suazo from Inter

Why are we seemingly incapable of looking abroad for signings?

Aye, because signings like Xisco and Luque are exactly what we need to get this party started ;)

When it says we could be 'offered' Diarra, does that mean for nowt?

Nah. Means they'll approach us and say "We'll give you Diarra for X million"

[/football manager]

Aye, because signings like Xisco and Luque are exactly what we need to get this party started ;)

:rolleyes:

The point one was actually getting at is, rather than paying large wages for washed up English shite, i.e Sulzeer, should we not be looking for younger, better, cheaper (wages) alternatives overseas :dontknow:

Where's our best player from?

He's English, but he plays for Ireland....

Guest firetotheworks

He's English, but he plays for Ireland....

Joseph McRicky?

Guest sicko2ndbest

In terms of priorities for next season i think we need the following:

1. A Centre forward with pace and an eye for goal

2. A left back who can cover Enrique should he get injured

3. A Centre midfielder

4. A winger who can play both sides

I'd go with:

1. A striker who will be in at least double figures by the end of the season.

2. A midfileder who can run faster than an old woman and pass a ball further than five yards.

3. A centre back to weather us through the inevitable injury crisis.

4. A winger on loan.

3. A Centre midfielder

Perch will be the back-up for Enrique assuming we get another centre half in (Sol?). The centre midfielder will be Gosling, which leaves a forward as a definite priority, whereas I think we'll get a winger in if it becomes a necessity (i.e. an injury). Vuckic may well end up us as our back-up left winger and we'll doubtless shove one of Guthrie/Barton/Gosling out onto the wing if necessary.

Born in Nigeria but adopted Geordie/Englishman.

I'd go with:

1. A striker who will be in at least double figures by the end of the season.

2. A midfileder who can run faster than an old woman and pass a ball further than five yards.

3. A centre back to weather us through the inevitable injury crisis.

4. A winger on loan.

Aye, but triple figures would be a bonus.

3. A Centre midfielder

Perch will be the back-up for Enrique assuming we get another centre half in (Sol?). The centre midfielder will be Gosling, which leaves a forward as a definite priority, whereas I think we'll get a winger in if it becomes a necessity (i.e. an injury). Vuckic may well end up us as our back-up left winger and we'll doubtless shove one of Guthrie/Barton/Gosling out onto the wing if necessary.

I hope not, from what Ive seen he's already our strongest and most composed central player. Don't see his attributes as a player running down the wing and taking people on

2010/11:

Seb swag nets Perch?

Following the "no capital outlay" announcement from SJP shortly after the end of last season, the subsequent confirmation that an (undisclosed) transfer fee had been paid to Nottingham Forest for James Perch had some folks scratching their heads.

It's now been suggested to us that one explanation for the appearance of funds to finance that purchase may lie in the sale of Sebastien Bassong to Tottenham Hotspur in August 2009.

For once, the financial details of this deal were reported and an £8m fee was payable, rising to £12m upon the completion of various performance-related targets.

It's unclear whether featuring in the World Cup Finals for Cameroon is one of those targets, but helping Spurs to make it into the Champions League would be likely to trigger a further influx of funds from White Hart Lane.

Interesting point.

3. A Centre midfielder

I hope not, from what Ive seen he's already our strongest and most composed central player. Don't see his attributes as a player running down the wing and taking people on

You just know he'll be shunted out wide though. He's the archetypal #10, but there never seems to be any accomodation for that kind of player in this country. So instead we'll make use of his sweet left foot by playing the numbers game out wide.

2010/11:

Seb swag nets Perch?

Following the "no capital outlay" announcement from SJP shortly after the end of last season, the subsequent confirmation that an (undisclosed) transfer fee had been paid to Nottingham Forest for James Perch had some folks scratching their heads.

It's now been suggested to us that one explanation for the appearance of funds to finance that purchase may lie in the sale of Sebastien Bassong to Tottenham Hotspur in August 2009.

For once, the financial details of this deal were reported and an £8m fee was payable, rising to £12m upon the completion of various performance-related targets.

It's unclear whether featuring in the World Cup Finals for Cameroon is one of those targets, but helping Spurs to make it into the Champions League would be likely to trigger a further influx of funds from White Hart Lane.

Interesting point.

If there is one good thing to be said of this regime its that the outgoing deals ae always class.  Dyer, Milner( at the time we all thought it was amazing 12m).  Bassong from how it sounds, a good price for oba etc

Am I the only person who thought Campbell was excellent for Arsenal last season? He was the second fastest player in their squad (this time last year).

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2009/08/23/top-ten-fastest-premier-league-players/

I'm pretty certain that was Frazier Campbell and whichever paper originally recorded that got it completely wrong. Not saying he's slow mind, he certainly gave Gareth Bale a good foot race against Spurs last season.