NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Not sure how he would definitely be better than those two.

Well he's ahead of Best in the pecking order for Ireland and Ameobi is Ameobi.

Yet in the 09-10 Championship, Ameobi scored 10 in 11, Long scored 6 in 22.

Players can't improve over the course of a season?

Of course but I wouldn't go shouting that he's definitely better than anybody. We all know how shit the Championship is and what a big step up it is. Chopra's been banging them in for years down there, in practise he is less effective, both in front of goal and otherwise, than Ameobi at Premier League level (and yes that's saying something).

Random:

You don't seem to confident on anyone else though - Gervinho, Nzog & Gamiero?

Mark Douglas:

I'm confident they'll sign (top) players. Have serious interest in all 3 - and many more too

-----------

Mark Douglas:

Gervinho interest is complex. Could happen: but only once Gameiro interest exhausted.

- He really seems certain it's either one.

Random:

Mark Douglas:

I'm confident they'll sign (top) players. Have serious interest in all 3 - and many more too

-----------

Mark Douglas:

Gervinho interest is complex. Could happen: but only once Gameiro interest exhausted.

Well i'd rather go with Gervinho than Gameiro

Shane Long = £20m? :mackems:  That goes down as the most ridiculous valuation of a player I've ever seen! :lol:

They always do that kind of thing, Holloway quoted £15m for Adam in January.

I know, but £20m for Long really is the worst example I've seen by a long way!

Random:

Mark Douglas:

-----------

Mark Douglas:

I wouldn't.... Are you insane? We are crying for a striker for long Gervinho plays off of the front preferably as a right winger. If I have to pick I pick Gameiro any time any day...

It's a difficult decision if it's one or the other. Gameiro plays in a position where we desperately need more quality, but he strikes me as a player who could crash and burn in the Premier League. Gervinho on the other hand could play at pretty much any level but isn't an out and out goalscorer. Who we get if any will probably be taken out of our hands though.

I'd rather have both

Ben Arfa Gameiro Gervinho front 3 would be kinky as all hell.

Ben Arfa drifting inside and you're essentially left with 2 forward players. Lille play Hazard on the left who is a similar kind of player.

Random:

Mark Douglas:

-----------

Mark Douglas:

I wouldn't.... Are you insane? We are crying for a striker for long Gervinho plays off of the front preferably as a right winger. If I have to pick I pick Gameiro any time any day...

Random:

Mark Douglas:

-----------

Mark Douglas:

He looks a bit lightweight to be the main Striker and with Gervinho being a teamate of Cabaye and mates with Tiote he'd settle much quicker.

So if it was one or the other then yes i'd still go with floela. And yes we do need at least 2 strikers.

Personally I think there's absolutely nothing in the either/or story, different players, different positions.

I just don't think we'll spend that much money, not unless there are a couple of important sales anyway.

Those two and Cabaye would be £25m+ from what we've read, and there's still a couple of others we supposedly want backup for. Nah.

Personally I think there's absolutely nothing in the either/or story, different players, different positions.

I just don't think we'll spend that much money, not unless there are a couple of important sales anyway.

Those two and Cabaye would be £25m+ from what we've read, and there's still a couple of others we supposedly want backup for. Nah.

Aye, I can't see Gameiro happening. I'd like to think we have an out and out striker lined up as an alternative, Gervinho is a quality player but he isn't going to be banging them on a regular basis.

I reckon we'll spend around £25 million net, like. Ambitious but I think we will.

I think we will as well. There's not just the Carroll money but the tv money to come in as well. Ashley can spend big and still have change left over. I'm not dumb enough to ignore past history here but he's rarely been in a position like this where he doesn't have to find money from his own pocket.

I reckon we'll spend around £25 million net, like. Ambitious but I think we will.

I think we will as well. There's not just the Carroll money but the tv money to come in as well. Ashley can spend big and still have change left over. I'm not dumb enough to ignore past history here but he's rarely been in a position like this where he doesn't have to find money from his own pocket.

If he spends big, and spends well, he ends up back on track with his "5 yr plan". If he doesn't, he will lose even more supporters. Our squad is begging for a healthy injection of quality and depth. It's too obvious for him ignore. I hope!!

Keeping the quality players we already have could save him a bit of cash in the long run. The squad needs to be strengthened and supplemented, not dismantled. We've got a decent XI and adding 3 or 4 quality players whilst shifting the dead wood would be excellent.

Shane Long = £20m? :mackems:  That goes down as the most ridiculous valuation of a player I've ever seen! :lol:

They always do that kind of thing, Holloway quoted £15m for Adam in January.

I know, but £20m for Long really is the worst example I've seen by a long way!

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-Everton-transfer-news-Shane-Long-will-move-Premier-League-if-right-offer-comes-admits-Brian-McDermott-article744952.html

'£3m-rated' according to that. :lol: