NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I wouldn't go that far like but he's not so much as an upgrade that I'd sign him. :lol:

Yep, he's by no means an upgrade. But if I had to choose who I'd rather have in a team, it would Guthrie over Gibson any day.

I wouldn't go that far like but he's not so much as an upgrade that I'd sign him. :lol:

Yep, he's by no means an upgrade. But if I had to choose who I'd rather have in a team, it would Guthrie over Gibson any day.

Why? Guthrie contributes absolutely nothing. He's a somewhat neat passer, but not to the point of being a player who is great at retaining the ball. This is the extent of his skill. There is little else.

Why? Guthrie contributes absolutely nothing. He's a somewhat neat passer, but not to the point of being a player who is great at retaining the ball. This is the extent of his skill. There is little else.

There's something in Guthrie that I just see which is better than what I see with Gibson. You mentioned Guthrie's passing which I think is a lot more than what Gibson can do at the moment.

Darren Gibson - if the Mancs are prepared to sell him, he's not good enough to come here.

So if they sell Berbatov does that means he's not good enough to come here either?

There are two categories of players who get sold by Man U

Category 1: the likes of Ronaldo and Beckham

Category 2: Smith and Butt

Gobson belongs to category 2 IMO.

Darren Gibson - if the Mancs are prepared to sell him, he's not good enough to come here.

So if they sell Berbatov does that means he's not good enough to come here either?

Which category would you put Rossi and Pique in?

- Miscellaneous

- Miscellaneous

But there are only two categories! :frantic:

Touche' :lol:

The thing about those two categories is right, though. They would't sell Gibson if he was a player of use for them while he wouldn't want to go if he thought he'd be of use for them.

He might want regular first team football. Not saying he would get that here mind.

Oh come on, the "two categories" thing is blatantly bollocks.

You have players who they thought wouldn't make it but actually made it big elsewhere (Pique, Rossi)

You have players who were probably never going to make it at Man U but are doing a decent job for lower-level teams (Shawcross, Simpson, Kieran Richardson)

So basically you have all kinds of players leaving Manchester United for a variety of reasons with a variety of results, just like every other club.

You have players who they thought wouldn't make it but actually made it big elsewhere (Pique, Rossi)

You have players who were probably never going to make it at Man U but are doing a decent job for lower-level teams (Shawcross, Simpson, Kieran Richardson)

So basically you have all kinds of players leaving Manchester United for a variety of reasons with a variety of results, just like every other club.

Yes the category stuff is bollocks. Even so I've put him in my own personal "I don't want him" category which is totally unrelated to the previous category discussion.

Guest CheickMansour

Aye agree with that, seems a bit simplistic to think otherwise.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-United-transfer-news-Darron-Gibson-now-target-for-Sunderland-and-rivals-Newcastle-article753376.html

Sunderland are still in pole position to land £5million midfielder Darron Gibson, despite interest from rivals Newcastle.

Magpies manager Alan Pardew is interested in snatching Gibson from under counterpart Steve Bruce's nose, as he recruits young unproven players.

However, while Newcastle have yet to open talks with the Old Trafford hierarchy, a Sunderland bid was lodged a couple of weeks ago.

Hope so. :lol: