NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Promising news if the report that we tried to get Gervinho last minute is true.

How?

Up there with the 'moves' for Kieran Richardson and N'Zogbia. Ashley/Llambias will have fed a line to the media to try and curry favour with fans.

How?

Up there with the 'moves' for Kieran Richardson and N'Zogbia. Ashley/Llambias will have fed a line to the media to try and curry favour with fans.

Ah yes, the Mike Ashley PR machine whirring away again. Somehow simultaneously manipulates the media to a never-before-seen degree and ends up looking incredibly bad with the public in the process.

It's a whole new approach to public relations.

How?

One of the most consistently suggested and consistently ridiculous "theories." It's just tedious.

How?

One of the most consistently suggested and consistently ridiculous "theories." It's just tedious.

tbf it's not an anti-ashley line for those that remember the rooney bid, to some, from exactly the same school of thought.

How?

tbf it's not an anti-ashley line for those that remember the rooney bid, to some, from exactly the same school of thought.

I wasn't around these boards back then so I don't know what the situation was.

Nevertheless I maintain that the idea that the Arshavin/Modric/Richardson(:lol:)/N'Zogbia/Gameiro/Gervinho bids were "fake bids" to appease the public is mind-numbingly ridiculous.

Bendtner would be good for us, but £12m feels like slightly too much for him given his recent lack of form.  Regardless of how much that is to do with a lack of regular football and Wenger insisting on sticking him out on the wing.

He will come good as soon as he becomes the main man for a team.

looks like he will go to Fulham or Villa.

Theyd tell tell the English media anyway, not the french if that was their aim.

Gone to Arsenal for around 11m reportedly. If we were up for competing with that it would indicate that we may still be willing to spend a decent sum of money.

How?

Nevertheless I maintain that the idea that the Arshavin/Modric/Richardson(:lol:)/N'Zogbia/Gameiro/Gervinho bids were "fake bids" to appease the public is mind-numbingly ridiculous.

i'm agreeing. the line is though, if ever we fail to get a good player we were after then we weren't really after them, it was just a ploy to sell season tickets etc.

As Madras said - it's not the first time we have been used as a stalking horse when it comes to another transfer. And also - do you believe those deadline day moves of Richardson and Charlie were genuine and if not, what was their purpose?

As Madras said - it's not the first time we have been used as a stalking horse when it comes to another transfer. And also - do you believe those deadline day moves of Richardson and Charlie were genuine and if not, what was their purpose?

i was actually laughing at the idea though.

Bendtner would be good for us, but £12m feels like slightly too much for him given his recent lack of form.  Regardless of how much that is to do with a lack of regular football and Wenger insisting on sticking him out on the wing.

He will come good as soon as he becomes the main man for a team.

looks like he will go to Fulham or Villa.

Reported that Benfica, Roma and Hamburg are the only ones to have bid for him.

Guest icemanblue

Er, I was just wondering how it was 'promising news', not questioning the authenticity of the bid.

How?

I'm not some sort of Anti-Ashley doom monger, but the Richardson, Michael Johnson and N'Zogbia bids we're all highly suspicious, and in my opinion clear PR moves. Especialy when you watched Sky Sports News all day.

So glad the former 2 did not come off for the reported £8m each.

Guest icemanblue

I'm saying it's positive because if it's true we went back for him it suggests there's money to spend.

:lol: There fucking well better be. We haven't spent anything!

Guest Chubby Jason

I'm saying it's positive because if it's true we went back for him it suggests there's money to spend.

:lol: There f***ing well better be. We haven't spent anything!

AGENT FEES! Come on man.

:lol: There f***ing well better be. We haven't spent anything!

AGENT FEES! Come on man.

Plus gas and electric is going up by 20% or whatever so that's another £10 million gone I'm sure.