NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

how dare a section of the fans show some sort of sense

:thup:

Look, if you're happy to spend £600-1000 a season to watch a football team that is simply incidental to a transfer investement fund, then go ahead.

What is wrong with wanting to sign players because they are good to watch and not thinking about re-sale value. What does that matter to fans? We are not running the club so why do people take this Football Manager-like view, as if we pass on one player, the club will announce 'hey lads, we've saved a few bob, who should we get?'

The club will make decisions regardless of what we think (and has shown this consistently) so why should people get het up about finances? Can you not just look forward to the football?

It's fair enough if people don't rate Defoe, everyone can have an opinion on him as a player- but we shouldn't go around discounting players because we are unhappy with the impact on our free cash flow for the year. And nor does that mean anyone suggesting spending some money thinks that it all grows on trees and is disciple of Peter Ridsdale.

Bang on.

That's a fair enough post, I don't really disagree with it. All I've ever said is that personally I can't only think of the football while ignoring the off-field stuff.

Obviously I look forward to the football more than anything, the other stuff is just background and context. It would seem bizarre to ignore it though.

If you suddenly need to be running the club to have a view on how the club is being run, I expect the number of posts in this forum to go down drastically.

I'd have Bassong back.  He could cover the center and left back.  He didn't leave under the best of circumstances and I think he would have been better served to stay but maybe he'd be grateful for a second chance and put his head down and do a good job for us.

Don't want Beye back, though.

how dare a section of the fans show some sort of sense

:thup:

Look, if you're happy to spend £600-1000 a season to watch a football team that is simply incidental to a transfer investement fund, then go ahead.

What is wrong with wanting to sign players because they are good to watch and not thinking about re-sale value. What does that matter to fans? We are not running the club so why do people take this Football Manager-like view, as if we pass on one player, the club will announce 'hey lads, we've saved a few bob, who should we get?'

The club will make decisions regardless of what we think (and has shown this consistently) so why should people get het up about finances? Can you not just look forward to the football?

It's fair enough if people don't rate Defoe, everyone can have an opinion on him as a player- but we shouldn't go around discounting players because we are unhappy with the impact on our free cash flow for the year. And nor does that mean anyone suggesting spending some money thinks that it all grows on trees and is disciple of Peter Ridsdale.

Just think the club shouldn't be puching above it's weight in an unsustainable manner.  That view isn't particularly detrimental to my enjoyment either.  I mean, I think we've been very frugal this transfer window and have made small steps forward.  Consequently I'm looking forward to the start of the season, hoping we play stronger over the course of this season than the previous.

I think we're both on the same page, yours is just half full.

f*** off Defoe, not that good. Rot in the Spurs reserves. Hopefully we can get someone better.

I think Ba, Defoe, Erdinc and Best, as a strike force is looks good imo.

Bassong can take a hike. Spurs wouldn't sell him for anything less than what they paid anyway, and we've learnt from the N'Zogbia bollocks that Ashley won't sanction a move that means spending money on a player that has been sold during the regime.

Bassong can take a hike. Spurs wouldn't sell him for anything less than what they paid anyway, and we've learnt from the N'Zogbia bollocks that Ashley won't sanction a move that means spending money on a player that has been sold during the regime.

Chronicle indicated they would accept 4 million.

Selling a player and buying him back for half the price - I'm sure that's one of Ashley's dreams. Especially if we can sell him again for £8m in a year's time.

Wouldn't want him here though, really.

Guest Roger Kint

I don't feel comfortable to have players back - the players that contributes to part of our relegation.

And couldnt wait to get away afterwards.