NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I don't feel comfortable to have players back - the players that contributes to part of our relegation.

Except, Bassong was the standout player. He was fucking alone that season and had we had 10 players like him we'd have finished top half of the table. But I get what you're saying. But getting Bassong for £4million then sell him on for £10m in two years would be like something Ashley dreams off like someone said earlier.

I don't feel comfortable to have players back - the players that contributes to part of our relegation.

Except, Bassong was the standout player. He was f***ing alone that season and had we had 10 players like him we'd have finished top half of the table. But I get what you're saying. But getting Bassong for £4million then sell him on for £10m in two years would be like something Ashley dreams off like someone said earlier.

Especially considering he's done it already with Bassong :laugh:

And couldnt wait to get away afterwards.

I admit that's part of the reason why I wanna get rid of Nolan. If he plays like that season again we will be in deep, deep trouble again.

He was a kid that came from out of no where and had his turned by a bigger club.  Not sure he can be faulted for making the move.  I'd have him back for the 4M and I think he'd do well here again.  I can understand people not wanting him though, too.  I doubt it will happen anyways.  What defender have we been linked with (outside of N Taylor) unless it supposed that Enrique was leaving?  IMO, we desperately need another defender in here and Bassong fits the profile well.

Except, Bassong was the standout player. He was f***ing alone that season and had we had 10 players like him we'd have finished top half of the table. But I get what you're saying. But getting Bassong for £4million then sell him on for £10m in two years would be like something Ashley dreams off like someone said earlier.

Agree that he was the standout player, so I am not opposed to have him back, I just don't feel comfortable.

Especially considering he's done it already with Bassong :laugh:

Aye smartass thats what I meant ;). Buying him for £500k? Selling him for £8million, buying him for £4m and selling him for £10m. Would be like Ashleys ultimate dream, after that he'd probably buy himself a huge house in the French riviera and retire.

Not sure why people should be on their high horse re Bassong when N'Zogbia - who most on here wanted back - behaved no better.

He left prior to the ship falling though and he also didn't get a lot of playing time. NZogbia that is ; )

People were happy to have N'Zogbia back who by all accounts was more disruptive than what Bassong was, 4m for Bassong who can play in two positions would be excellent business.

In fact you would have to be mad not to get him, still don't believe we will though.

As much as i feel he doesn't deserve a second chance at Newcastle, £4m would be very tempting. Has Harry really lost all that patience with him? What a pointless signing.

According to reports, Spurs are having to sell before they can buy. And that's a club that's been far better than most at keeping their wage bill under control.

There was a good article in the Times today, saying that the transfer market was quite stuck all round at the moment. Most clubs are feeling the pinch and need to offload before they can buy, but a lot of the surplus players are on high wages which deter other clubs.

Bassong hasn't done quite as well at Spurs as I'd expected. At £4m it's tempting, and he may be better than our current CBs, but is he significantly better? We could easily end up in the position Spurs are in now - keen to upgrade but stuck with him.

As much as i feel he doesn't deserve a second chance at Newcastle, £4m would be very tempting. Has Harry really lost all that patience with him? What a pointless signing.

According to reports, Spurs are having to sell before they can buy. And that's a club that's been far better than most at keeping their wage bill under control.

There was a good article in the Times today, saying that the transfer market was quite stuck all round at the moment. Most clubs are feeling the pinch and need to offload before they can buy, but a lot of the surplus players are on high wages which deter other clubs.

Bassong hasn't done quite as well at Spurs as I'd expected. At £4m it's tempting, and he may be better than our current CBs, but is he significantly better? We could easily end up in the position Spurs are in now - keen to upgrade but stuck with him.

Be a long, long time before we'd be in a position to upgrade on Bassong

I reckon it's bollocks. 72 hours after Enrique tweets about our lack of ambition in the transfer market and habit of selling our star players stories come out saying that we've got £10 million set aside for Jermaine Defoe if we fail to sign Erdinc and, even more unlikely, we've turned down not one but two cash bids for a player.

The club's PR machine is grinding into life.

I reckon it's bollocks. 72 hours after Enrique tweets about our lack of ambition in the transfer market and habit of selling our star players stories come out saying that we've got £10 million set aside for Jermaine Defoe if we fail to sign Erdinc and, even more unlikely, we've turned down not one but two cash bids for a player.

The club's PR machine is grinding into life.

What I don't understand is how we are willing to piss away money on Defoe rather than getting Zoggy in to play off the main Striker.