NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest sicko2ndbest

There will be deals done in the last few days. If Maiga and Pieters dint come off we have the funds to be in there pitching with the best!

Optimistic ;)

The fact that we have four points probably makes Ashley think that it's ok to risk and wait until the end of the window. Remember that the fulham league match is our last league match before the end of the window, so as long as this shit gets sorted out by the end of the window, we should be fine. It would have been a disaster if we ended up with something like 1 point from our first three games because we didn't have an LB and a striker. Now, the worst case scenario is four points, which is somewhat acceptable but would be underwhelming because it could easily be seven points.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Somebody posted yesterday that

Tiote and Ben Arfa were signed on the 26th/28th august

Great post

Keeps me optimistic

Somebody posted yesterday that

Tiote and Ben Arfa were signed on the 26th/28th august

Great post

Keeps me optimistic

I was at Creamfields, was great news when I got a few texts saying that Ben Arfa had signed  O0

Still quietly confident we will get another 1 or 2 in......

Guest sicko2ndbest

But Pardew is hopeful the club succeed in acquiring their priority targets before the summer window closes next Wednesday, adding: ‘You need Plan B and then you need Plan C. We are hoping we stick to Plan A.’

Guest BooBoo

"We're straining every sinew to get these players over the line. They are deals that we want to do and they are players that we want to bring to this football club. We know that time is very much now of the essence and it may be the case that deals will be concluded at the eleventh hour. What is important is that if the deals don't happen then we don't overly focus on that. There is a good squad here with a fantastic spirit, the first two performances testify to that but we need to add to it. If we don't then we'll go with what we have, we have the quality to still have a very good season, but we know what we need."

- Pards.

But Pardew is hopeful the club succeed in acquiring their priority targets before the summer window closes next Wednesday, adding: You need Plan B and then you need Plan C. We are hoping we stick to Plan A.

Of course we will stick to plan A, the plan is, we pretend to try and sign players, and say we tried when the deadline passes.

Hopefully he's just getting in some precautionary excuses.  Doesn't make good reading that, he has been gradually becoming less positive about getting players in as the days go by.  Bit worrying.

I think the board is making it difficult. He knows he desperatley need those two, we do, but Mike and Derek just don't care and they don't want to pay the money necessary. Pardew knew that would be the case when he took the job so he has no reason to complain. I'm more and more convinced we won't sign anyone.

Guest sicko2ndbest

"We're straining every sinew to get these players over the line. They are deals that we want to do and they are players that we want to bring to this football club. We know that time is very much now of the essence and it may be the case that deals will be concluded at the eleventh hour. What is important is that if the deals don't happen then we don't overly focus on that. There is a good squad here with a fantastic spirit, the first two performances testify to that but we need to add to it. If we don't then we'll go with what we have, we have the quality to still have a very good season, but we know what we need."

- Pards.

That's good otter, you're getting good at this :)

Guest icemanblue

- Pards.

Very worrying.

EDIT: Fucking mega whoosh, innit. :lol:

- Pards.

Very worrying.

Yep. Basically trying to brace us for disappointment.

My guess is they will have a backup of a loan deal for a left back should the deal for whichever left back is cheapest does not come off. I think it's more likely going to be a loan for Patrick van aanholt than wayne bridge for the simple cost reason again. I also don't expect a striker as we have 4 in the squad.

As others have said I'll be happy to be proved wrong.

- Pards.

:lol: :lol: TBF, not a million miles away from what he said yesterday (in today's papers).  He's gradually becoming more neagtive about it all, this will be his next set of comments.  Very good whoosh  :lol:

My guess is they will have a backup of a loan deal for a left back should the deal for whichever left back is cheapest does not come off. I think it's more likely going to be a loan for Patrick van aanholt than wayne bridge for the simple cost reason again. I also don't expect a striker as we have 4 in the squad.

As others have said I'll be happy to be proved wrong.

Can't see who it's going to be. Shorey and Warnock, who we were linked to a few weeks ago are starting for their clubs - does that narrow it down to Bridge or van Aanholt. How can we just not have a left-back, it's ridiculous?!