NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

He'll definitely be on our radar and he'd probably be interested.....but I doubt that bigger clubs will let us. Having Cabaye and Ben Arfa helps, as well as our stadium, reputation and the league we're in. And from our point of view he's young, excellent, French, affordable and versatile.

Maiga, Mbiwa, Clyne and a Colo contract is my new wishlist :D

This  :fwap:

Thinking about it, couldnt playing Santon on the left be a communication thing more than anything ?

Think about it Coloccini speaks Italian so being next to him instead of next Taylor is probably better for the whole back 4 communication wise......

With Clyne on the right next to Taylor both being english so they will communicate between each other fine....

I am personally for this move, it makes sense financially and from what i have seen who looks to have what it takes to be a quality Prem RB......

Still want a CB mind but not against this move at all.

Would like Clyne, not sure about this Taylor being able to speak English thing though.

Hi Simon. :wave:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Newcastle-transfer-gossip-Mapou-Yanga-Mbiwa-Montpellier-defender-and-captain-is-5m-target-article833518.html

Newcastle chase Montpellier star

Published 22:30 22/11/11 By Simon Bird

Newcastle are chasing Montpellier captain Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa.

The 22-year-old defender, who is available for £5million, has admitted he wants to play in England.

Yanga-Mbiwa has helped his club to the top of France's first division level - they currently share first place with Paris Saint-Germain - and is on the fringes of the French national side.

Newcastle originally watched his team-mate Olivier Giroud, but came away impressed by the young defender, who could plug a weak spot in Alan Pardew's squad.

"People live for football in England, and that is what I want to experience," said Yanga-Mbiwa.

"I'll see what offers I get, but English football is incredible. There is more physical contact than in France, but I like that - it suits my style of play."

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger considered signing the player in May, and Yanga-Mbiwa also came close to joining French double winners Lille during the summer.

Pardew and chief scout Graham Carr have repeatedly targeted the French league and and have landed some fine signings, including Hatem Ben Arfa and Yohan Cabaye.

Newcastle currently have little cover at centre-back and are in discussions with skipper Fabricio Coloccini about a new deal, as he is being eyed by clubs around Europe, including Liverpool.

Hi Simon. :wave:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Newcastle-transfer-gossip-Mapou-Yanga-Mbiwa-Montpellier-defender-and-captain-is-5m-target-article833518.html

Newcastle chase Montpellier star

Published 22:30 22/11/11 By Simon Bird

Newcastle are chasing Montpellier captain Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa.

The 22-year-old defender, who is available for £5million, has admitted he wants to play in England.

Would be an absolute steal at that price.

Thinking about it, couldnt playing Santon on the left be a communication thing more than anything ?

Think about it Coloccini speaks Italian so being next to him instead of next Taylor is probably better for the whole back 4 communication wise......

With Clyne on the right next to Taylor both being english so they will communicate between each other fine....

I am personally for this move, it makes sense financially and from what i have seen who looks to have what it takes to be a quality Prem RB......

Still want a CB mind but not against this move at all.

Would like Clyne, not sure about this Taylor being able to speak English thing though.

LMAO......

Also Dat Price  :fwap:

Does he? I know he was with AC Milan before but that was in 1999. He played 1 game and was then shipped out on loan every season after that. I suppose Spanish and Italian is close enough though to be mutually understandable (according to my italian friends)

Brown is fucking shit, slow, and a cunt to boot. No thanks. Hopefully Pards will have more sense, even if he is going for free.

Imagine if we finally peddled Smith and then signed Brown :lol: a famous Paula Abdul song comes to mind.