NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Craig-NUFC

Who would we be selling to pay for that £1m loan?

The entire squad and backroom staff. We'll line up in a 1-1-1 formation with Taiwo playing defender/rushy 'keeper, Llambias in midfield and Ashley up top to bang the goals in.

How reliable is Football Italia when it comes to transfer rumours? Would hate to see Taiwo here - I got him in a drinking game during the World Cup and had to drink whenever he had the ball. The bastard took all the throw-ins, free-kicks, corners and took bloody ages over all of them. Ended up being sick. So no thanks.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We were linked with him last year when his contract was set to expire. Some really rated him iirc, a few said he'd be better than Enrique.

I'm all for it. :thup:

Guest schmuck

Would only get a small fee, he takes up next to no wages, and has shown himself to be a good and reliable premier league player. It'd almost be up there in the Aaron Hughes league of pointless small money sales.

Newcastle track Taiwo

Newcastle are preparing a bid for AC Milan’s Taye Taiwo, reports in Italy suggest today. Since Jose Enrique’s departure to Liverpool in the summer, Newcastle have been operating without a recognised left-back.

Ryan Taylor had deputised in the position as an changed back four propelled the side to third in the table after twelve games.

However, a defensive injury crisis contributing to three defeats in the last four games has prompted manager Alan Pardew to look for reinforcements in the January window, with left-back Taye Taiwo his primary target.

Taiwo is unsettled at AC Milan, having made only two league appearances since signing from Marseille in the summer. Fabio Parisi, the player’s agent, hasn’t ruled out a move away from the San Siro.

“We are not 100% happy”, said Parisi, “but this doesn’t mean that the player doesn’t want to fight for a place in the team. Difficulties in getting used to the new ambiance? I think so, especially in understanding some things required by the coach.

“In any case, Taiwo is not somebody that surrenders easily. He doesn’t want to leave Milan. Of course we must make some evaluations, but the main idea is to remain. Offers? Many clubs admire him, just like when Milan signed him for free; I think that these clubs might still be interested”.

http://www.footie-online.co.uk/2011/12/newcastle-track-taiwo/11733/

www.footie-online.co.uk is not the press. It's not anything.

:lol:

when I was in mainstream school this kid used to come into science lessons each Monday spouting shite about who we were going to sign and saying it was 100% gospel.  I asked him where he got his info from and it was something like www.properlegitneewordofaliethisshitWILLhappensoopadoopatransfertalk.com