NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Anyone think we won't sell any key players in January btw? I'm undecided.

Depends on offers doesn't it.

Those who left in the summer we down to different circumstances that don't exist for the current squad.

We didn't sell Tiote or Colo then so we'll see I guess. If stupid money gets thrown around, we'll sell.

Guest bimpy474

If someone bids the asking price for any of our players then they will be gone imo.

Actually think we wont get any bids though.

Depends on the offer. We can't stop big offers coming in.

Think Tiote is the most likely to leave if any, teams will want to take a closer look at Cabaye, while I don't think the teams chasing anyone else will put forward any tempting/crazy offers.

Hopefully we offload a few fringe players once we get our own targets in (I know you said key)

Me, pretty confident we won't sell anyone in January - it's just a feeling I have. Of course, there will be plenty of rumours in the press but I reckon we'll be fine (just).

EDIT: then again, there is that worry of an offer being "too good to turn down". :undecided: Still, I'm 95% sure we won't sell anyone.

Too good to turn down and all of that shite.

If Ba keeps on banging them in the way he has, how long before the Tiote rumours change to him btw?

It's fucking horrible that we're even talking about this, but with those in charge, it's something that will always be at the back of our minds.

If we want to get anywhere, we need to entertain any ideas that these offers are too good to turn down. Spurs have proven that with Modric - who I think is a class little player, but he's not worth £40 million pound, yet they knew he was more valuable to them than that. That's what we need to start doing.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Tiote. I think all the signs point to it, sadly.

Colo won't go this window. Not hopeful on the contract front though.

Too good to turn down and all of that s****.

If Ba keeps on banging them in the way he has, how long before the Tiote rumours change to him btw?

It's f***ing horrible that we're even talking about this, but with those in charge, it's something that will always be at the back of our minds.

If we want to get anywhere, we need to entertain any ideas that these offers are too good to turn down. Spurs have proven that with Modric - who I think is a class little player, but he's not worth £40 million pound, yet they knew he was more valuable to them than that. That's what we need to start doing.

Absolutely.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Watching El Cashico tonight with Silva and Mata playing.

Valencia have got rid of Villa, Mata, Silva in the last 2-3 seasons. Big club, surrounded by giants ready for rich pickings

If the right money is offered it really dosnt matter who you are

Valencia have got rid of Villa, Mata, Silva in the last 2-3 seasons. Big club, surrounded by giants ready for rich pickings

Hardly the best example to use. Valencia have been experiencing crippling debt for ages now, nearly had to sell their entire squad a few years back. They actually did need the money.

Hardly the best example to use. Valencia have been experiencing crippling debt for ages now, nearly had to sell their entire squad a few years back. They actually did need the money.

Arsenal with the likes of Nasri, Fabregas, Cichy..?

Aye, the money raised by those sales saved the club, really.

It's f***ing horrible that we're even talking about this, but with those in charge, it's something that will always be at the back of our minds.

Absolutely.

Easier said than done though, surely? Not many teams would have hung on to Modric like Spurs did, and even they might still lose him next summer.

Absolutely.

Easier said than done though, surely? Not many teams would have hung on to Modric like Spurs did, and even they might still lose him next summer.

i'd argue it's actually almost as easy to do it as say it, considering doing it just involves saying 'no' to the clubs who want to buy him and to the player who's still under contract

it involves valuing the football team over the balance sheet for a little bit though, in the hope that the former will naturally improve the latter. we have trouble with this bit.

Absolutely.

i'd argue it's actually almost as easy to do it as say it, considering doing it just involves saying 'no' to the clubs who want to buy him and to the player who's still under contract

it involves valuing the football team over the balance sheet for a little bit though, in the hope that the former will naturally improve the latter. we have trouble with this bit.

Even Spurs have only just got to the stage of saying no though. Until very recently they were a selling club and they've only really felt confident enough to turn down big money bods once they were on a footing to compete for Champions League football.

Absolutely.

Even Spurs have only just got to the stage of saying no though. Until very recently they were a selling club and they've only really felt confident enough to turn down big money bods once they were on a footing to compete for Champions League football.

granted, you have to take that step at some point though. are we waiting until we qualify for the champions league before we stop selling our best players? if that's the case i can see a flaw in the logic.