NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

We had scouts watching 20 year old French striker Anthony Knockaert at the weekend.

I'm going to Knock out the first person who attempts a stupid pun with his name.

This is silly. Let's Knock it on the head before it starts.

Nah,lets all knock one out instead.

Those are three bad puns.

We had scouts watching 20 year old French striker Anthony Knockaert at the weekend.

I'm going to Knock out the first person who attempts a stupid pun with his name.

This is silly. Let's Knock it on the head before it starts.

Nah,lets all knock one out instead.

Those are three bad puns.

Don't Knock it unless you have something to contribute yourself.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Transfer-news-Newcastle-want-Kafoumba-Coulibalyas-Cheik-Tiote-exit-fears-grow-article841833.html

Newcastkle want to sign £3million-rated Nice midfielder Kafoumba Coulibaly, adding to fears about Cheik Tiote’s long-term future at St James’ Park.

Tiote is a target for Chelsea and his Ivory Coast team-mate Coulibaly is being lined up as a possible replacement on Tyneside.

A £3.5million buy from Twente last August, Tiote is out injured and any move to Stamford Bridge is not likely to come about until the summer.

But Blues boss Andre Villas-Boas is keen to sign the Newcastle player, especially with his midfield anchorman Oriol Romeu the subject of a buy-back option from former club Barcelona.

:undecided:

Anyone know much about Coulibaly?

Completely average central midfielder. Very poor at times last season - I highly doubt that Carr would see him as an adequate replacement for Tiote.

Newcastle scouts were in attendance to see Knockaert in action for Guingamp in their French Cup match with Le Mans (TalkSport).

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Transfer-news-Newcastle-want-Kafoumba-Coulibalyas-Cheik-Tiote-exit-fears-grow-article841833.html

Newcastkle want to sign £3million-rated Nice midfielder Kafoumba Coulibaly, adding to fears about Cheik Tiote’s long-term future at St James’ Park.

Tiote is a target for Chelsea and his Ivory Coast team-mate Coulibaly is being lined up as a possible replacement on Tyneside.

A £3.5million buy from Twente last August, Tiote is out injured and any move to Stamford Bridge is not likely to come about until the summer.

But Blues boss Andre Villas-Boas is keen to sign the Newcastle player, especially with his midfield anchorman Oriol Romeu the subject of a buy-back option from former club Barcelona.

:undecided:

Anyone know much about Coulibaly?

Completely average central midfielder. Very poor at times last season - I highly doubt that Carr would see him as an adequate replacement for Tiote.

Newcastle scouts were in attendance to see Knockaert in action for Guingamp in their French Cup match with Le Mans (TalkSport).

Well that's discouraging :undecided:

Guest Rob 1988

Taiwo admits AC Milan frustration -Talk sport

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1370/89/taiwo-admits-ac-milan-frustration

Newcastle target Taye Taiwo has revealed his desperation at being used so sparingly at AC Milan, heightening rumours he could leave in January.

The defender only joined the Serie A side in the summer from Marseille but he has failed to convince manager Massimiliano Allegri of his capabilities.

Newcastle have been hit by a major defensive crisis with Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini and Danny Guthrie all ruled out through injury and Pardew is keen to strengthen his squad in January.

"I am suffering every day because I don't get to play football. I joined this club in order to play, but I have made only six appearances so far," Taiwo told L'Equipe.

"I don't understand how things work in Italy. Sometimes I even have to watch from the stands, but I really need to play in order to show what I can do.

"It looks like Allegri doesn't have faith in me. It's not like me to just sit back and do nothing in a situation like this."

Newcastle sold Jose Enrique to Liverpool in pre-season and replaced him with David Santon but he has struggled with injury leaving a move for Taiwo on the agenda.

Guest bimpy474

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

In #thejournal tomorrow: January transfer update. Big Maiga news & Tiote's camp respond to recent speculation #nufc

45 seconds ago

Woooo this feels good, in good way.

Guest bimpy474

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Understand more than 50 defenders were put to #nufc within 48 hours of Taylor's injury! Fair play to the agents for spotting an opportunity

41 seconds ago

Fucking hell. :lol:

WTF 50 ? :D

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

In #thejournal tomorrow: January transfer update. Big Maiga news & Tiote's camp respond to recent speculation #nufc

45 seconds ago

Hmmm. Guess that sounds positive. The Maiga news will be him arriving in Toon for a medical; the Tiote camp will probably say Cheik is going nowhere.

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Understand more than 50 defenders were put to #nufc within 48 hours of Taylor's injury! Fair play to the agents for spotting an opportunity

41 seconds ago

f***ing hell. :lol:

:frantic: sign all of them :laugh:

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

45 seconds ago

Hmmm. Sounds positive I guess.

You wanna bet?

The deal for striker Modibo Maiga has fallen through after club owner Mike Ashley ate his knees and the Malian consequently failed yesterday's medical. Additionally Ivorian midfielder Chiek Tiote has reportly told his Newcastle United team mates that he plans to leave in the January transfer window after Derek Llambias turned up at the club's Christmas party in Glasgow dressed as a golliwog.