NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

It's bullshit anyway. Just because a club is interested in a player, doesn't mean they'll definitely sign him.

Flawed figures tbh.

True but it's also true that newspapers print any old shite, especially when the transfer window is open or about to open.

I like it when the papers get a story right and they crow "We told you this would happen". They don't mention the other 90% of stories they printed which didn't happen.

It's bullshit anyway. Just because a club is interested in a player, doesn't mean they'll definitely sign him.

Flawed figures tbh.

False.  All other clubs always buy players they're linked with, we only leak stories of interest and then don't follow through to give the impression we tried

It's gonna be a long month of frustration and failure without doubt. Thank fuck im going to Mexico in a month, might be the best medicine to at least try and not think about it too much.

Guest bimpy474

I rate Samba highly, but I can't see how signing him would make an appreciable difference to our season. I'd much rather spend the money on a quality attacking player.

I'd rather have both, but we need a centre back as it stands more, very very marginal though.

I rate Samba highly, but I can't see how signing him would make an appreciable difference to our season. I'd much rather spend the money on a quality attacking player.

Cracking at playing a long ball, coming in as our playmaker.

I'd rather have both, but we need a centre back as it stands more, very very marginal though.

Why do we? We need cover, but not an expensive first-teamer.

Our problems are in attack and ball retention more than defence. Obviously if one of the centre halves gets injured then of course we're in bother again but if I was going to buy any defender it would be a full back who can control and pass a football.

Samba would be amazing long term signing for me. Taylor has been good this season but only this season and a 9 month achilles injury will de-rail him a fair bit. Samba and Coloccini looks sensational to me and the spine of the side would be quality.

With Santon settled in, Cabaye and Tiote in front with Ben Arfa and Ba as well, we'd then be two attacking players and a full back away from a seriously quality side.

Guest bimpy474

Thats what i meant mate, a cover Defender and an attacking player if it was to be two, but if we are to sign just one and that being a defender, we might as well sign a better player than we already have.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for us to buy Samba - I think he's an excellent defender. But if it's a case of only being 'able' to afford one player, then I'd be looking at different positions.

Guest ykmkmdd

Samba would be a fantastic signing for us, the perfect partner for Coloccini.

Can't see it though, if he's available would expect the likes of Liverpool or Chelsea to offer bigger money.

Thats what i meant mate, a cover Defender and an attacking player if it was to be two, but if we are to sign just one and that being a defender, we might as well sign a better player than we already have.

The full back positions are in far worse shape than centre back, to me.

Guest bimpy474

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for us to buy Samba - I think he's an excellent defender. But if it's a case of only being 'able' to afford one player, then I'd be looking at different positions.

With it only being one, i think it has to be a centre back, Samba if possible but we cant go into the new year with only Williamson and Colo, any injuries or suspensions and i dread to think about our results, i totally agree with you that we need an attacking player but this is our problem, we need more than one player in multiple positions, a situation that Ashley just wont address.

Guest bimpy474

True but i think you can get away with that more (not that i like the situation), our result at Norwich showed that up, in general play we were ok but at set-pieces without proper centre backs we were awful.

Agreed.