NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

It's a fair point but it doesn't explain the various reports of bids for european players coming out of france and portugal etc.

I think the idea that were not going to spend money has always been nonsense. Not that i think we will be spending much like.

Am I the only person who thought Campbell was excellent for Arsenal last season? He was the second fastest player in their squad (this time last year).

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2009/08/23/top-ten-fastest-premier-league-players/

I'm pretty certain that was Frazier Campbell and whichever paper originally recorded that got it completely wrong. Not saying he's slow mind, he certainly gave Gareth Bale a good foot race against Spurs last season.

Got to be Frazer because Sol was playing in League 2 when that article came out and no fooking way is he quicker than Torres or Anelka.

Really hope these Sol Campbell rumours are bullshit.

All over the net that he's signing for us after snubbing a Celtic offer.

All over the net that we put in an offer for Anthony Annan.

Quality, he is just the sort of player we need.

Fucking Kaizero!  :angry:

Quality, he is just the sort of player we need.

Fucking Kaizero!  :angry:

:aww:

Why, he'd strengthen our options at the back. Plus hopefully he can coach some sense into Taylor.

Backwards step. I think in our defence with our midfield infront of him he'd be made to look like a total and utter disaster. A theoretical Colo - Campbell defence is probably the slowest defence in the entire league.

For the first time in years we've got a stage where we have a young team and are signing young players (Lovenkrands the ONLY outfield player above 30) that can only go forward and not backwards. I don't want that mentality to change.

Guest Stephen927

Arsenal are rarely put under pressure for extended periods like we will, so Campbell wasn't shown up as often as he would have been at a less Prem team. The one team Arsenal played who were going to put them under pressure was Barcelona and Wenger didn't select him.

Why, he'd strengthen our options at the back. Plus hopefully he can coach some sense into Taylor.

Backwards step. I think in our defence with our midfield infront of him he'd be made to look like a total and utter disaster. A theoretical Colo - Campbell defence is probably the slowest defence in the entire league.

For the first time in years we've got a stage where we have a young team and are signing young players (Lovenkrands the ONLY outfield player above 30) that can only go forward and not backwards. I don't want that mentality to change.

Fair point. I just think if we're getting him on board as a 3rd/4th choice with the potential to stay on as a coach he could be benaficial.

Fair point. I just think if we're getting him on board as a 3rd/4th choice with the potential to stay on as a coach he could be benaficial.

Oh, in a coaching capacity I'd actually love him here. He's one of the most 'talented' defenders I've seen when he was at his best, times a tackle better than anybody else imo. If he could pass on just a smidgen of that to anybody in our ranks it would be beneficial.

I just don't want to see him (or that kind of signing) near our playing squad at the moment.

Because we'd rapidly and easily fall back into the trap of drafting in high-wage demanding over the hill mercenaries, the likes of which sent us down in the first place. He's past it. Need to focus on developing talent in hungry young players like kadar and  those who desire to prove themselves fit to wear the shirt

Sense?? SENSE!??!?

This is Sol Campbell ffs, the least sensible man in Britain that isn't considered clinically mentally unstable.

Personally I'm happy with Taylor, Coloccini, Williamson, Perch and Simpson to cover centre back. We've had worse defenders, but it is all about team ethic. In a good team, a below mediocre defence can shine, in a bad team, the likes of John Terry become complete horseshit.

Do think that after a few paydays at Portsmouth and Arsenal, Sol might actually now accept a smaller wage and the idea of being 3rd/4th choice.

Probably not but surely it's got to sink in at some point he's 35. If he's that bothered about a big pay day he'll naff off to the MLS or the middle east.