NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I'm clutching at straws here, but Coles last three seasons at WHU haven't actually been that bad, considering they have been utter horse shit.

A big chunk of his goals this season came in the league cup. His goal return in the league was poor. I know West Ham have been bad but surely they would have been looking at him as one of the players that would turn that around for them.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I suppose the positive thing would be we can all wear our old Toon shirts from the 90's with #9 Cole on the back.

that's exactly what my mate said in the pub yesterday  :iamatwat:

:lol:

Internet Logic: I am a Pub.

maybe we are after him as a hold up player [to hold up our attack-ed] who got more strength and presence than shola?

Has he got more pace than shola?  probably similar finishing with feet, but better header?

imo an upgrade if we then loan shola out.  Assuming we also get a quality 15mil+ striker in.

If he's an upgrade from shola it's only by a tiny miniscule bit, why waste that much on a player who may be a tiny bit better than a horeshit player already, just search through all the European leagues and find a younger prospect with time on his side for half he price, look at man u and Hernandez.

It's possible but it's also possible for a younger player to flop but I'd rather take a chance than having to gorge my eyeballs out next season watching cole/ameobi/lovenkrands

I dont see the point in buying him, we already have Shola.  As much as shola gets slagged off he does get goals for us. I cant see Cole getting more than Shola. 

Pretty pointless transfer and as ON said, its probs just genereted by the idea that we need a number 9, ex pardew player and current team relelgated.

I'm pretty confident we aren't looking at Cole - or as confident as you can be under Mike Ashley.

can you imagine, he finally release the funds and we bring in carlton cole  :lol:

backwards step if ever there was one

Wouldn't make sense on any level - little resale value and proven not to be very good in the Premier League.

The only factor is that he might be cheap, but I don't think that will be reason enough to buy him. Hopefully some other hapless club will think they'll be the ones to give his career a fresh start.

Guest Flatline

honestly compared to 35 mill Carroll, a 5-6 mill Carlton Cole seems decent enough value to me. He isnt Jesus on a bicycle but it beats having Loven and Ranger on the bench for sure. Nile cant even hit a barn door from 5 yards ( west ham anyone). Then again, 5-6 mill could buy you anything these days. Could buy you 2 tiotes or a Joe cole.. But as far as having a decent strikeforce goes, Shola isnt getting any younger and when hes injured and we play a 4-4-2, why not have carlton cole as backup or the other way around?