NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/198394/Newcastle-Alan-Pardew-chases-Juan-Manuel-Martinez/?

NEWCASTLE are considering a move for Velez Sarsfield striker Juan Manuel Martinez.

Juan Manuel Martinez, nicknamed ‘The Little Donkey’, was a target for Wigan and Blackburn earlier this summer.

But their interest has waned and Newcastle are now among a trio of clubs keen – with Napoli and Seville also in the running.

The Argentine international is 25 years old and the Magpies believe he could have plenty of resale value if he is a hit for Alan Pardew’s men in the Premier League.

There's only one little donkey!

http://www.mtnfootball.com/content/Ariel_Ortega.jpg

:smitten:

Hope we take a look at denis stracqualursi while were at it.

Would be cheapish but I doubt he's good enough. If Boca find some money I'd not be surprised to see him go there to replace San Martin. If we were to go for a striker I'd prefer Téo Gutiérrez although by all accounts he was pretty poor in Europe last time out.

Mental that we're being linked with Martinez. Leftfield as f***. The two times I've watched Velez I can't remember him doing anything but I wouldn't have been paying attention on him. He looks the dibs of Ortega in that pic n all.

:lol:

Velez won the league this season right? Seems he is quite highly rated in Argentina, but he'll need an EU passport to play here. looks a bit like gervinho in style of play from youtube vids, wide forward who cuts inside and takes players on. there's an amazing goal on there that he scored against racing.

aye, i seem that too....worth having a look via that popular site....

Title : Juan Manuel Martinez golazo vs Racing Club, Apertura 2010

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/8680/3/newcastle-alert-romaric-set-sevilla-exit

Newcastle target Romaric looks set to leave Sevilla after it was revealed that he will be left out of the side's pre-season tour of Costa Rica.

The Spanish side have lined up two friendlies in the north American country next month but it is unlikely that the midfielder will feature in either.

The 28-year-old, who is wanted by Newcastle, saw a proposed move to Trabzonspor fall through earlier this summer, leaving him in limbo.

Sources in Spain have claimed that there are currently no offers for the Ivory Coast international, who was a January target for West Ham, but he is not part of manager Marcelino Garcia Toral's plans.

And it has now been reported that the manager does not plan to include Romaric in any of his pre-season plans, making a cut-price move away from Sevilla seem certain.

Seems too old to be a NUFC target.

AndyKerrtv Andy Kerr

Heard #Nufc move for Daniel Sturridge is moving closer with #cfc willing to sell

Done deal whoooo hoooooooooooooooooooo  :celb:

;D Just kidding, would be chuffed if we pull that one off, if we got Sturridge, Ba with Best and Apple Eating Superstar as our strikers next season I would be well happy. Move Smith on replace him with a good midfielder, sign Jose & Joey on new contracts and its not far off a perfect transfer summer! We'll maybe a top notch centre half but thats just being greedy!

AndyKerrtv Andy Kerr

Heard #Nufc move for Daniel Sturridge is moving closer with #cfc willing to sell

Who's Andy Kerr?

A little googling has told me he is a sport presenter who at one point was on that setanta sports news program.  Either that or a labour politician.

Guest johnson293

AndyKerrtv Andy Kerr

Who's Andy Kerr?

He occassionally does the sport on Tyne Tees, North east Tonight.

If today's Journal is to be believed, then it's not unexpected. All this talk of big deals for a quality striker was never gonna happen - bargain basement once again, with the Carroll cash remaining unspent!

Yeah, it's nearly July, time to give up, they'll be no more money spent.