NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

O Hara is a no go. As I said a few pages back, he's got a new born baby with his slutty wag Danielle Lloyd. There's no way they will leave the London scene to move up north.

She's a Scouser and I've mentioned this before but only a few months ago she was in one of my mrs mags saying she wishes Rafa Benitez would sign Jamie so she could go back home.

That doesn't sound like the words of someone who doesn't want to leave London.

O'Hara won't come here

Why wouldn't he?

Why would he?

he can play CL football this season

Aye alright, they're going to drop Palacios/Huddlestone/Jenas/Modric for O'Hara. Surely if the lad values his career he'll be thinking of moving on.

I'm all for us signing another central midfielder - but the problem is Hughton won't drop Nolan. I can see him using him off the striker quite a few times as well this season.

I doubt this will happen solely because so far under this regime our transfers have been out of the blue, although this is from abroad where apparently nobody can keep a secret

Both of our transfers have not come out of the blue nor have they been from abroad so your point is bollocks tbf.

1. Perch came out of the blue, if some guy on the Forest forum hadn't spilled the beans it would have been a total surprise, he hadn't been mentioned since January.

2. Gosling, fair enough, it was well documented Everton had f***ed up.

3. Nolan, Routledge, Hall, van Aanholt, Khiz, Xisco etc. All signed under Ashley, all out of the blue iirc.

4. I know we haven't signed anybody from abroad, that's my point, I'm saying this could be different because it's from abroad.

tbf.

thought xisco came from aboard  :rolleyes:

Read the rest of the quotes man, none of our transfers have come from abroad so far this close season.

Wish I'd never brought this up, the thread is about transfer rumours in the press, and as far as I can see, it is rare these days we sign players who are mentioned in the press because that's not how we operate these days.

For example, Routledge:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,67272

Nolan:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,59766.0.html

Jonas:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,53940.0.html

Then, my point about signings from abroad is that they seem harder to keep quiet, see the Xisco thread:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,55595.0.html

Obviously Williamson couldn't be kept quiet because Pompey's dealings are all over the world (they owe everybody money) but in general, our signings are not splashed over the tabloids for weeks on end under Ashley. That's the new way things are done for us, add to this the guff in the Club Statement about not speaking to anybody about anything, and the fact that Hughton said no contact had been made, I don't think it will happen. I'd be chuffed if it did because he looks a good player, but it's probably not going to happen IMO.

Did you read about the Moses bid? The Beckford bid? The Kilgallon bid?

Dumb arse Nixon knew we were sniffing around Hall days befroe we signed him.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Newcastle-and-Burnley-battle-for-QPR-centre-half-article302875.html

Williamson iirc was player we tried to sign in the summer before but he knocked us back.

David Craig on SSN 21/01/2010 "David Craig was just saying on SSN he's 'heard' a certian high flying Champioship club is trying to hijack Boro's move for Routledge." - From The Prophet.

Done it once before cant be arsed but Routledge was known before he joined.

Most short term loan deals are done quickly so they often have a out of the blue touch to them but as we have seen with Fraser Foster & Tom Cleverley long term loans can be harder to do.

In your own words, short term loans can be out of the blue, so I discounted them.

The Moses scenario was brought about because they went into adminstration, and Beckford's agent I think brought up our interest. Hughton denied it for ages didn't he? I don't recall it all that well, likewise Kilgallon. Besides, we didn't sign Moses, Beckford or Kilgallon, and they were "public" bids. The players we have signed under Ashley have been generally well kept secrets. The Routledge one, look at the reactions in the thread. Most people didn't even believe it was us, and we were never named as the club hijacking the bid. Yes you could take an educated guess but it was hardly all over the press was it?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ben Arfa going to Newcastle tomorrow for discussions allegedly, we seem to somehow be working undercover these days.

It feels refreshing for some reason.

Wheres this from

LEquipe said we were going there?

You started off with "so far under this regime our transfers have been out of the blue" so I will take "have been generally well kept secrets" as step in the right direction because it is the net & no one ever holds there hands up & types "I was wrong".

Well saying we get someone in the ilk of Ben Arfa we still need 1 quality striker and decent cover for left back, I know the Sol rumours are probably bullshit but if we can get him also I'd be pretty confident of staying up.

However, I bet 1 more signing and a loan deal will be the maximum we'll see.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Watched a few of the utube clips on him

He is definately class, but Trouble with a capital T. He would have to undergo a big attitude change to fit in here. Him and Barton are an accident waiting to happen

Watched a few of the utube clips on him

He is definately class, but Trouble with a capital T. He would have to undergo a big attitude change to fit in here. Him and Barton are an accident waiting to happen

We need a tricky creative player other than Jonas so I'd take the gamble personally

You started off with "so far under this regime our transfers have been out of the blue" so I will take "have been generally well kept secrets" as step in the right direction because it is the net & no one ever holds there hands up & types "I was wrong".

I don't think I am wrong, I'll admit not every transfer has been out of the blue but I think the majority of permanent signings under Ashley have come as a surprise. I'd even go back as far as Enrique under Allardyce, didn't the Villareal site break that news? I admit it's not a perfect record and there has been some leaks in the press but of the completed deals, very few have taken the same path as this Ben Arfa lark.

Temporarily assuming there is truth in this Ben Arfa stuff, the article seems to suggest he will move for first team football. Where would that be for us, left wing? I don't watch French football, is he better than Jonas?

Also strange that the article says 'announced on Sunday' that our representatives would be flying out. That might just be a translation quirk though.

The print newspaper version announced that representatives are flying out. Its a quirk of the fact that the website is reporting on what the newspaper is saying.

I've not seen him, but a lot of you seemed to like him so I had a look on youtube, he's not coming to us, he's too good.

Can he do those skills and beat players like that in the centre aswell?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Against a bottom half side away from home you could play

....Barton...........Smith..........

...............Guthrie..................

Jonas...........................Ben Arfa

................Carroll...........................

or

....................Smith.......................

.........Barton............Guthrie.........

Rout........................................Ben Arfa

......................Carroll...........................

I've not seen him, but a lot of you seemed to like him so I had a look on youtube, he's not coming to us, he's too good.

Can he do those skills and beat players like that in the centre aswell?

Looking good on Youtube means nothing.