NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Martins was and still is cack. Fast and inconsistent is pretty much the only accurate way to describe the bloke

He is inconsistent because he hardly got 90 minutes at Wolfsburg. He was inconsistent here because we were inconsistent (injury situations, manager changes)

I think if he got to play every game for a few months in a decent team he would come good.

Some Journalist on twitter reckons we're watching Mallorca's Pierre Webo. Dont know much about him, VI or any other Spanish league followers; whats he like?

Fast with inconsistent end product.

Like a lot of African players really.

:lol:

So what are English players then?

Slow and shit?

Some Journalist on twitter reckons we're watching Mallorca's Pierre Webo. Dont know much about him, VI or any other Spanish league followers; whats he like?

Fast with inconsistent end product.

Like a lot of African players really.

:lol:

So what are English players then?

Slow and s***?

Yep of course. Did you not watch the world cup ?

Martins relies on sheer athleticism, he's extremely raw. I always thought he lacked the footballing intelligence to make the correct runs, combine this with poor finishing and this is the reason he looked poor. A player with Martins' natural physical attributes should be playing on the shoulder of the last defender and generally using his pace to make life difficult for defenders, something he didn't do often enough here.

Now this is clearly not the case for all Nigerians, or Africans for that matter. Just Obafemi Martins.

Guest neesy111

Martins was and still is cack. Fast and inconsistent is pretty much the only accurate way to describe the bloke

He is inconsistent because he hardly got 90 minutes at Wolfsburg. He was inconsistent here because we were inconsistent (injury situations, manager changes)

I think if he got to play every game for a few months in a decent team he would come good.

:no:

martin hasn't and will never improve as a footballer, because he simply doesn't have the commitment, or the footballing brain to do so

martin hasn't and will never improve as a footballer, because he simply doesn't have the commitment, or the footballing brain to do so

Exactly. He was cowardly for us when we got relegated man. Some people forget far too easily

Guest BooBoo

Martins treated the club with contempt. Difficult to fathom how people are blind to it.  

Like many twats who have donned our colours he was more interested in the Bling lifestyle than showing any commitment to his club. I recall in the relegation season, he made a huge public show in our game at Portsmouth about getting injured after scoring. He pissed off to Milan for a few weeks before sauntering back and announcing he needed an operation. Then came his mystery eleventh hour drop out at Stoke which clearly hacked a lot of people off.

Tosser, pure and simple.

Martins treated the club with contempt. Difficult to fathom how people are blind to it.  

Like many twats who have donned our colours he was more interested in the Bling lifestyle than showing any commitment to his club. I recall in the relegation season, he made a huge public show in our game at Portsmouth about getting injured after scoring. He pissed off to Milan for a few weeks before sauntering back and announcing he needed an operation. Then came his mystery eleventh hour drop out at Stoke which clearly hacked a lot of people off.

Tosser, pure and simple.

Howay man, he did a flip when he scored and he had that cheeky look about him, he's just misunderstood ;)

Tosser, pure and simple.

You always had it for him tbh.. He's a world-class striker. It's just that he's not up to it mentally..

Exactly. He was cowardly for us when we got relegated man. Some people forget far too easily

Weren't that all of our players?  :undecided:

Not that I'm a fan of Martins, but last seasons those few times I've seen him (Europa League for example) he looked better than most of his team-mates did.

Tosser, pure and simple.

You always had it for him tbh.. He's a world-class striker. It's just that he's not up to it mentally..

Waaa Whhhhhattt?!  :lol:

I dont think he's bad as people make out, but that is a fucking mental statement.

When Martins left us he was a striker low on confidence. He was on a crappy run and needed a bit of luck to get back on a goal scoring run, unfortunately for him it was never going to come in a relegation scrap.

As for Martins in general, he has all the attriubtes to be a top class striker but he will never have the footballing brain to hit the heights.  A highly infuriating player to watch.

Generic Martins lack of footballing brain but good physically comment.

You disagree?

Not at all. Any time I hear about Martins it's followed by that comment which is bang on. He really epitomises the style of a lot of African teams (I said this in another thread actually).