NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

NEWCASTLE United are running the rule over Feyenoord whizzkid Georginio Wijnaldum – the man hailed as one of the most hotly-tipped prospects of a new Dutch ‘golden generation’.

Real Madrid and Liverpool are also keeping tabs on 20-year-old right-winger Wijnaldum but United have carried out several scouting missions on a player that they see as ‘one for the future’ – and are primed to pounce in the summer.

A playmaker with a terrific turn of pace who is able to open up defences, Wijnaldum, pictured right, has already played over 100 Eredivisie games for the Rotterdam club.

The Magpies have regularly sent observers to watch Feyenoord, who have a superb crop of young talent.

And the Sunday Sun has been informed that there have been ‘significant movements’ on the transfer front over the past fortnight.

United are in advanced discussions with two ‘international calibre’ players, although they have no interest in Hamburg striker Mladen Petric.

The 30-year-old striker was heavily linked with Newcastle last week, but the Croatia international is NOT on the radar.

One of the star duo, however, could be Ivory Coast hitman Gervinho, who welcomed United’s interest in him last week.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/03/27/newcastle-running-the-rule-over-georginio-wijnaldum-79310-28410068/

Never heard of him before....but the video of him i justed watched was brilliant! But do we have a chance in getting him?

It's a big youtube YES from me too. Now all we need are some FM stats and we're all set. :p

Not quite. Need to hoy Fifa in there for the Tripod of Justification.

:lol:

I did an interview with Jonathan De Guzman and he raved about him, said he's their biggest talent and the most likely to move on next.

I was humping Kelly Brook and she said he was the next big thing

Guest Heneage

I did an interview with Jonathan De Guzman. Just thought I'd mention it.

Tidied up a bit.

Why not tell us about your job then, done any good marking lately?

If we got rid of Smith we'd obviously have to pay some of his wages for the final year of his contract. Which is why I still think he'll be hard to peddle.

Hopefully he'll want to go so he'll accept a lower wage.  Whether to get first team Football or for a longer contract before he gets to a stage where nobody decent wants him.

Guest icemanblue

If QPR are promoted, I can't see them selling their best player.

Yeah, what kind of mongoloid club would do something like that?!

Guest Heneage

If QPR are promoted, I can't see them selling their best player.

Yeah, what kind of mongoloid club would do something like that?!

:lol:

I think he's too much of a luxury for this league unless we went 4-5-1.

Gervinho

Taarabt                Ben Arfa

Ireland  Barton

Tiote

On paper that's a stunning set up, if HBA and Taarabt dont' dribble too much. Haven't watched Gervinho, but I've read that he's inefficient. Gameiro on the other hand is known for his finishing skills. The problem with Gameiro is his size. Your formation requires an attacker capable of holding the ball until others overlap him. In other words, we need a Carroll v. 2.0 beta.

Gervinho

Taarabt                 Ben Arfa

Ireland  Barton

Tiote

On paper that's a stunning set up, if HBA and Taarabt dont' dribble too much. Haven't watched Gervinho, but I've read that he's inefficient. Gameiro on the other hand is known for his finishing skills. The problem with Gameiro is his size. Your formation requires an attacker capable of holding the ball until others overlap him. In other words, we need a Carroll v. 2.0 beta.

Shola

Gervinho

Taarabt                Ben Arfa

Ireland  Barton

Tiote

Gervinho is much more of a wing forward than a target man. Adel and HBA will provide no defensive cover at all, and this would be a minor issue with Barton and Ireland also providing no defensive cover. I like some of the players, but that is a poor way to assemble them.