NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I think the problem we've got is that I don't see us as being able to attract much better to sit on the bench which is where they will inevitably be most of the time presuming we buy a better first choice striker like Gameiro and that Pardew still intends on playing one up top with Ben Arfa behind, even under Robson we had Ameobi and LuaLua as our 2 back up options as you're unlikely to find better unless you're prepared to pay silly wages like Viduka.

People may think we can maybe get a young striker as cover but then we will have the same problem we did with Carroll and Ranger in that they won't be given the playing time to develop.

Ideally Ranger needs to go out on loan next season and we know the likes of Kuqi, Lovenkrands and Xisco won't make the grade here so as long as we sign a quality replacement for Carroll too then I don't see Bothroyd in and one of the 3 mentioned out as a bad move.

Not bad considering Ameobi is shit, Best is injury prone, Ranger should be loaned out and Kuqi has left.

If we really signed 2 great forwards we can dispose Best anyway.

I keep hearing rumours that we are getting Elmander - does anyone have anything that could add some substance to this?

Tell whoever you're hearing the rumours from that they don't have a clue, as he's already moved.

Some games.

Problem is, that game against Reading was almost 2 years ago, and he's deteriorated since then,

He's actually been deteriorating for over 7 years, disgraceful that he's still on the books.

To be fair his goal scoring record is pretty shite. I still think I'd take the risk given the circumstances and what I've seen of him over the past year or so. Should be a decent squad player.

Bothroyd would only be a decent signing if we were definitely getting rid of Loven and possibly Shola while Ranger has a season on loan.

I don't see that happening and we can't afford 7 or whatever forwards.

I like him, on par with Best at the very least, would see Ameobi and Lovenkrands pushed out of the team without spending a penny on transfers, great news.

I agree on that. Since Best is the best striker at the moment in the club I just can not see a problem if we sign some one equal to our best striker. I am all fine about Gameiro and all but we need to have a squad of players who are capable of taking us to the next level. In ned of selling Loven, loaning Ranger and making Shola our forth choice striker.

Having said that:

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Lots of tweets on the subject, but - as things stand - told there's no interest from #Nufc in Jay Bothroyd.