NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Red Cafe is so fucking annoying in the sense it's one of the bigest football forums around, yet they got one of the shittiest designs and fucking google ads all over. Also there's of course the cunts frequenting the place, but that's another story.

Looking around they seem to really rate Barton, though. Maybe there's a few sensible cunts there after all.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The sun have it as their back page spread exclusive

The last time they did that it was Carroll to liverpool exclusive on transfer dday

Sweet Jesus, it's not even June. I kinda wish we could shut down the internet over the close season. I have read so much utter shite this week (worst culprit the Mail) and I don't even live in the UK any more.

Highly likely Berbatov will be on his way out of Manure this summer, highly likely it won't be to us, but stranger things have happened. Would love him here like.

Cant see any of the other top 5 clubs taking him. More likely he will head to Italy or Spain, certainly wont be short of offers though.

Guest sicko2ndbest

What's Custis normally like for transfer gossip?

He broke the Carroll story before anyone else

Think it's just usual silly season gossip but if there's a hint of truth would take him without a doubt. Would need  a good second striker to play with him though as he can go missing at times.

When he plays in a committed, aggressive fashion, Berbatov is a great player. He's never been reliant on pace, so he should be okay for another 3 seasons or so. I'd take a punt on him if money was no object, but in reality I can't see us paying big money for a 30 year old.

Sturridge looks far more up our street.

Momentarily abandoning all common sense/grasp on reality, I'd certainly love for us to have Berbatov. He's one of my favorite players and his style of play is absolutely beautiful to look at sometimes. Some of his first touches just make me want to :fwap:

Has anyone worked out the ratio of players from top 4 Clubs who actually do better at NUFC than they did at their previous Club?

I would go with the old addage of NEVER buying the top 4 cast offs because they never work and there will be one MASSIVE reason why they are leaving their Club.

Guest hobshobs

Berbatov swap with Shola would do for me.

Berbatov is really just a much more skillful Shola. They're both as laid back and lazy as each other. Please No.

Has anyone worked out the ratio of players from top 4 Clubs who actually do better at NUFC than they did at their previous Club?

I would go with the old addage of NEVER buying the top 4 cast offs because they never work and there will be one MASSIVE reason why they are leaving their Club.

Duff.  Smith.  Parker.  Geremi.  Babayaro. 

Jesus.

I've always had the feeling he'll end up here at some point. Berbatov is good when he feels like it but he lacks determination and he's very prone to sulking when shit goes pear-shaped. A lot better than our other options like but I'd stay clear unless we get him for reasonable money.