NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Isn't Ba likely to be buggering off for up to a month due to the ANC as well? So apart from worries about him staying fit, if he's going to that in January, we'll be wihtout him for a while anyway. He simply cannot be our only forward signing this window, would be idiotic.

Completely agree, I'm 99% sure we'll sign another striker though. If we don't we deserve to fail.

I didn't mean it as a slight on Ba, I just remember lots saying that they were delighted with getting him as long as he wasn't our main signing up front. Looks like he will be.

I was one of those until I saw he goalscoring record throughout his career. I thought maybe the West Ham spell was just a good run of form but it's inkeeping with his career so far.

Isn't Ba likely to be buggering off for up to a month due to the ANC as well? So apart from worries about him staying fit, if he's going to that in January, we'll be wihtout him for a while anyway. He simply cannot be our only forward signing this window, would be idiotic.

Completely agree, I'm 99% sure we'll sign another striker though. If we don't we deserve to fail.

If Best go's I'm 100% certain we'll sign another striker. Fuck it! i'm 100% sure we'll sign another one anyway. :snod:

/don't let me down you feckers.

Maybe Pardew is confident about two players feinitely coming, but doesn't want to say any more in case he gets the fans hopes up for more players but they don't materialise

aye. He's hardly going to come out and say 'we're going to sign 4 more players' or something similar. If he said that and we ended up signing just two, fans would be unhappy

We've bid for Gameiro and Pardew confirmed his interest in Erdinc, and we're constantly being linked with Shane Long. Why do people think we're not going to get another striker in? Everything points that way so far.

We've bid for Gameiro and Pardew confirmed his interest in Erdinc, and we're constantly being linked with Shane Long. Why do people think we're not going to get another striker in? Everything points that way so far.

I have no idea, I'm trying to stop asking things like this. The answer is always "because Mike Ashley is in charge" or words to that affect.

I didn't mean it as a slight on Ba, I just remember lots saying that they were delighted with getting him as long as he wasn't our main signing up front. Looks like he will be.

Why does it look that way? Have I missed some form of "We're not signing any more strikers" announcement?

Expecting anything vaguely balanced from *some* people is where you're going wrong. Just ignore it. Constant doom-mongering.

Id be relatively dissatisfied if we went into the next season with Ba as our main striker having just made £35 mill on Andy Carroll.

Ba might be good, but itll take a lot for him to have the impact Carroll was for us. With Nolan gone also, its asking a lot of Ben Arfa to suddenly comeback this season into a position that wasnt regular for him before and score loads.

Still think we need another good finisher if we're to improve on our attacking ability with Carroll there.

At the moment I still see a pretty thin squad. As long as there are no more major outgoings and we add 2/3 more good players then we should hopefully be in a decent position.

Players I'm happy to see play for us in the Premier League.

Harper, Krul, Forster

Simpson, Enrique, Coloccini, S.Taylor, Williamson

Jonas, Ferguson, Marveaux, Cabaye, Barton, Gosling, Ben Arfa, Tiote

Ba, Best

That's 18 out of 25 places, Neil Taylor will probably be added to the defensive list, there's bound to be one more striker and by the players linked with possibly a winger too taking us to 21 players. I don't think anyone outside the top 6 is going to have all 25 players who could all be at home in the first-team, so you still have squad fillers like R.Taylor, Guthrie, Ameobi & Lovenkrands in there too. I don't think it's that bad tbh...provided those 3 players come in, and any outgoings from the above list are replaced.

Like I said earlier, I think we'll get one in. It would be a bit underwhelming if we went from bidding for Gameiro to signing Shane Long though.

Shane Long getting a bit of a hard time on here IMO.

Ok he's no Kevin Gameiro but players like Erding hardly set the pulse racing either. Personally, i don't think we will end up with any of these players but from what i've seen of Long he looks a decent player.

Long is the kind of player our fans will warm to if he's given a chance. Quick, runs hard for the team and can finish.

Not saying I would be ecstatic if he's the only striker we sign, but I'd be cautiously optimistic that he could do well.

Long is the kind of player our fans will warm to if he's given a chance. Quick, runs hard for the team and can finish.

Not saying I would be ecstatic if he's the only striker we sign, but I'd be cautiously optimistic that he could do well.

I've not seen enough of him tbh, could be Bellamy, could be Nugent. But you can say that about anyone signed from anywhere really.

Why does it look that way? Have I missed some form of "We're not signing any more strikers" announcement?

If Pardew believes our main striker is an as yet unsigned addition to the 'out-and-out goalscorer' he's expecting 15-25 goals from then I can only assume he also expects us to be going for the top four.

I really don't think neither of Erding or Long are getting a hard time here. Long has had one good (great) season in the Championship, and Erdinc just came from a poor season. They're not exactly Gameiro. Nothing wrong with being scepctial. Not to bring the Carroll money in the picture...

Who even said that?

If Pardew believes our main striker is an as yet unsigned addition to the 'out-and-out goalscorer' he's expecting 15-25 goals from then I can only assume he also expects us to be going for the top four.

Like when a player comes in with the "Massive club, great fans" statement whenever someone joins, I don't see anything wrong with Pardew bigging up Ba. Hardly the confidence boost to him if he comes out saying, "Well as long as he gets us 8-12 goals I'm happy because I want somebody better anyway".

Like when a player comes in with the "Massive club, great fans" statement whenever someone joins, I don't see anything wrong with Pardew bigging up Ba. Hardly the confidence boost to him if he comes out saying, "Well as long as he gets us 8-12 goals I'm happy because I want somebody better anyway".

I never said he was wrong to do it. But unless he's fibbing outright then I expect him to believe it. He doesn't have to say anything about the number of goals he's expecting from him. If you're going down that route you could claim this is creating unnecessary pressure on Ba to bang them in.

Is anyone else concerned that the back line needs more attention.  Even if we bring in NTaylor, we need at least one more at least to cover RB and CB.  A trio of Colo, STaylor and Williamson is OK but Kadar can't stay healthy and is unproven.  Who pushes Simpson at RB?  

Bringing in another quality striker is the top priority but some depth on the back line shouldn't be far behind, IMO.