NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Just text my dad because I know he gets the Sunday Sun early, and he says the striker linked today is Sturridge on loan. Sweet.

Sturridge on loan with an option to buy would have been fantastic. But we're so in need of a striker that I will take him without that buy clause too. Hopefully he'll  contribute to us pushing for Europe, which  will make it possible for us to buy him next year, or a striker of similar quality and potential..

Olivier Giroud is my guess for the continental forward.

Having looked at all of the team squads in ligue 1 he is the one of a few strikers who is relatively young and has a decent goal scoring record. The other one is the crouchie type with a name beginning with h. However I think pards is after a small mobile striker having already bid for erding

From BBC Rumours page...

Newcastle United's club captain Fabricio Coloccini is still wanted by Sevilla and according to reports from Spain, the La Liga club are poised to make a bid for the Argentine player early next week.

http://www.footie-online.co.uk/2011/07/coloccini-could-still-move-to-spain/2574/

:dave:

Some clubs transfer list their players, we just give them the captain's armband.

Let's try and make Xisco, Perch and Smith captain till they're sold.

Guest neesy111

Isn't Coloccini on 60k per week? Can't see Sevilla matching that.

80k+ is what I've been told.

Steven Taylor's asking for the number 9 shirt?

yeah but i doubt taylor is being serious, probably a quip about his 3 goals at end of season

“I was just lucky to be in the right place at the right time with those goals,” he said.

“I’ve not put in for (the vacant) No 9! I tried to put in for No 5, but I think I’ll be No 27. That’s mine.

If Chelsea want £20m for him now and he does well for us on loan I very much doubt we will pay £20m plus for him. Pointless having the 'option to buy'

Also sell to buy? What a joke.