NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest BooBoo

Does the "sell to buy" bit not refer to anyone we need after a left back and a striker?

IE there'll be funds for two players but after that, it'll be one in- one out?

Guest neesy111

Does the "sell to buy" bit not refer to anyone we need after a left back and a striker?

IE there'll be funds for two players but after that, it'll be one in- one out?

Think that is correct.  After another 2 signings the squad size IMO will need to be trimmed.

Guest neesy111

Though I'll take what the Sunday Sun says with a pinch of salt as I'm pretty sure they still said we were interested in N'Zogbia last week.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Maybe we've seen something in Abeid to suggest he'll be in the first-team squad?

I think so.

Though I'll take what the Sunday Sun says with a pinch of salt as I'm pretty sure they still said we were interested in N'Zogbia last week.

Who said we were not? Ashley just thought he's not worth the money!

Exactly how much did they pay in signing fees and wages if we really need to sell before buy? Or what they did with the youth facilities and training ground if it's all gone now?

Yeah I mean maybe we signed him to ease in to the squad, we wanted another midfielder originally but he's shown enough to suggest he could play in the first-team squad.

There's some random Spanish blog saying us & Man City want Lassana Diarra. Don't know if they're quoting their press today or if it's crap.

The sell to buy policy, after a striker and full back are brought in, may be more to do with wages then fees. We've still got Smith, Xisco and a few others in the squad taking out big wages and doing nothing.

Sturridge on loan, Clyne for a few million and money made from Routledge, Ranger, Smith, Xisco and Perch will probably free up some money for another midfielder. Douglas was suggesting we still wanted Barnetta the other day.

There's some random Spanish blog saying us & Man City want Lassana Diarra. Don't know if they're quoting their press today or if it's crap.

Probably crap unless the deal for Tiote to Chelsea isn't done already!

Guest BooBoo

If we do get the requisite two players in, then after that theres nothing wrong with one in one out as there's some players like Routledge, Raylor, Loven who would be surplus to requirements.

Sturridge on loan would be pretty much our perfect transfer at this point in time.

Yeah, he'd very much fit in with the other players we've bought, and the new style we're aiming for.

The new guy at Chelsea obviously wants to take a bit of time to look at the squad that he's got. Sturridge is still a bit raw, so it depends on whether he's got the patience and backing to give him that experience.

At Chelsea, there's so much pressure to produce instant results. In the Abramovic era, I can't think of any player who you could say has 'come through the ranks'.

One young player I'd be keeping an eye on is Junior Stanislas at West Ham.

Guest neesy111

Who said we were not? Ashley just thought he's not worth the money!

Exactly how much did they pay in signing fees and wages if we really need to sell before buy? Or what they did with the youth facilities and training ground if it's all gone now?

The guy always say he has sauce's at the club, which is complete bollocks.

Sell to buy? What the f***.

Although there is some money in the kitty for a striker Mike Ashley has told boss Alan Pardew that he must sell to fund further purchases.

That has limited their ability to land one of three Continental targets being considered and the club now believe a season-long loan move with an option to buy built in might represent a more cash conscious solution to their striker search.

Thats the bit that narks me tbh ,where the fuck has the rest of that money gone when we have practically spent nowt so far if what Mark Douglas is stating as fact and from a club sauce  :idiot2:

Sell to buy sounds ominous, just like 'no new capital outlay' did. In reality, if we were to get Sturridge and Clyne and it was one in, one out after that, I'd be pleased. There's a good four or five players we should be looking to move on, most of which have already been listed here.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Pardew wouldn't have made him captain and made a big hoo ha if he was going to sell him

;D 

What Pardew wants means f*( all

Why Pardew is still trying to sign this Turkish Erdinc when he clearly does not want to join us? Or is it just agent talking bs and after a bigger payday?

Seems so. Dont think Pardew would go on about him like he has if there weren't positive signs coming from the player himself