NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Tiote got what? a 6 year contract, we can atleast keep him for 3-4 years and still get a hefty price for him. Probably will be sold on the back of an excellent season though. But he should command a fee making us able to replace him adequatly (matuidi for instance).

Fuck replacing him. The training ground needs a new lick of paint.

Guest BooBoo

Small issue really, but Sturridge will be banned for the first three games of the season following his straight red card at Bolton v Man City on the last day of last season. Wherever he's playing, he probably won't be involved in August.

How would people actually feel if we lost Tiote but got Sturridge in the process?

We must keep Tiote at all costs. Sturridge can piss off if it meant The Terminator going the opposite way.

This. Sturridge is a good striker but Tiote is one of a kind. We haven't had a genuine world class midfielder for years and the difference when he was on the pitch last year was immeasurable.

Guest Mantis

Apart from all the striker waffle, I'm more concerned that we only have 5 defenders of any decent ability and one of them is likely to be off.  I think defence will be where we fall down unless we get a couple in.  Two injuries and we'd be in real bother.

Apart from all the striker waffle, I'm more concerned that we only have 5 defenders of any decent ability and one of them is likely to be off.  I think defence will be where we fall down unless we get a couple in.  Two injuries and we'd be in real bother.

I'm forseeing another season of going through periods of having to start players out of position or not having a senior defender/midfielder/striker on the bench.  Sigh.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Sturridge on loan with the option to buy at the end of the season? Yes please!

£20m? I doubt it.

Guest Mantis

I'm forseeing another season of going through periods of having to start players out of position or not having a senior defender/midfielder/striker on the bench.  Sigh.

It looks inevitable.  Or another free signing turning up as cover for defence.  Whats Ronnie Johnson doing these days?

Enrique, Barton, Guthrie, Lovenkrands, Smith and Ameobi all have contracts which come to an end in Summer 2012. That's a lot of players to replace in next Summer's transfer window.

This transfer window the club has said we will get another striker. Getting anyone else will require selling players before they are replaced. That might mean e.g. sell Routledge and replace him with someone like Barnetta. Our squad isn't that small, it just has a lot of average players.

Not counting any of the players whose contracts end next Summer, most of us would be happy to see Perch, Ryan Taylor, Routledge and Xisco leave.

It looks inevitable.  Or another free signing turning up as cover for defence.  Whats Ronnie Johnson doing these days?

:mick:

Enrique, Barton, Guthrie, Lovenkrands, Smith and Ameobi all have contracts which come to an end in Summer 2012. That's a lot of players to replace in next Summer's transfer window.

This transfer window the club has said we will get another striker. Getting anyone else will require selling players before they are replaced. That might mean e.g. sell Routledge and replace him with someone like Barnetta. Our squad isn't that small, it just has a lot of average players.

Not counting any of the players whose contracts end next Summer, most of us would be happy to see Perch, Ryan Taylor, Routledge and Xisco leave.

Only really fussed about the first 3 and Guthrie won't be too hard to retain/replace imo.

Only really fussed about the first 3 and Guthrie won't be too hard to retain/replace imo.

Tiote, Cabaye, Barton, Abeid, Ben Arfa, Gosling. He's already surplus to requirements now.

If Lovenkrands and Ameobi leave next Summer that would leave us with Ba, the new striker we are supposedly getting, Best (if he isn't sold), Ranger (if he isn't sold) and any youth team striker who makes the step up. At least one of them would need to be replaced.

As for Guthrie, his best position is CM. Currently we have Tiote and Cabaye who play CM. As I understand it, Gosling is RM. Barton has been better for us in RM than CM. We'd need to replace Guthrie with a CM if we don't keep him.

If Lovenkrands and Ameobi leave next Summer that would leave us with Ba, the new striker we are supposedly getting, Best (if he isn't sold), Ranger (if he isn't sold) and any youth team striker who makes the step up. At least one of them would need to be replaced. Ben Arfa.

As for Guthrie, his best position is CM. Currently we have Tiote and Cabaye who play CM. As I understand it, Gosling is RM. Barton has been better for us in RM than CM. We'd need to replace Guthrie with a CM if we don't keep him.

From what I remember Gosling was shoehorned a bit into the RM spot. Happy for one of the resident Everton fans to correct me.

I do think it's at that point now where we really need to be offloading some of the chaff to allow us to strengthen in a couple of key areas.

It's all well and good pursuing another striker and a left-back, but for me that still leaves us short in defence.

I've posted similar earlier on in the window, but I must say I'm surprised there has been such little movement on that front. I know Lua Lua has now gone, but even that wasn't on a permanent transfer.

I'd hope that we're doing everything possible to move Perch, Ryan Taylor, Smith, Routledge and Xisco at the very least.

Harper, Lovenkrands and Ranger would be the three others I'd be perfectly happy to see bombed out if there were any takers at decent money, too. Although I'd be shocked if the first two left, as it seems both remain part of Pardew's plans.

As with the last two you mention, I'm sure the first two would be sacrificed with any half-decent offer we may receive for them, and surely they're more likely to be in demand? It does seem Perch is actively seeking a move anyway, if the reports have been correct about him switching agent for that reason. I can't see why we'd be too averse to letting him go if we could replace him for someone on similar/less money, but with more potential/ability.

As with the last two you mention, I'm sure the first two would be sacrificed with any half-decent offer we may receive for them, and surely they're more likely to be in demand? It does seem Perch is actively seeking a move anyway, if the reports have been correct about him switching agent for that reason. I can't see why we'd be too averse to letting him go if we could replace him for someone on similar/less money, but with more potential/ability.

Step forward Nathaniel Clyne :snod:

I'd rather we moved on Perch than R.Taylor. R.Taylor takes the occasional useful set-piece, scores the occasional blockbuster goal and despite being woeful a lot of the time is capable of posting some surprising 6 or 7/10 performances. They both cover a few positions, but I'd rather see the lives of Tavernier play than Perch if we're desperate. Now LuaLua has gone, we don't have too many right-wing options after Barton and Marveaux(?) without shoehorning Guthrie there - R.Taylor provides that cover.

Perch, barring the 0-4 Arsenal cup game where I'd say he was 'okay', has been nothing short of utterly shit every single time he's pulled on a Newcastle shirt. He's finished here, and I'd imagine there'd be Championship level interest in him.

Didn't know that about Perch and his agent, seems strange he would be looking for a move. Surely he knew he was going to be a permanent reserve when he came here. Good news though.

I just think we would consider those two decent backup and not try to sell them right now. I hope I'm wrong obviously, as they're both shite.

Didn't know that about Perch and his agent, seems strange he would be looking for a move. Surely he knew he was going to be a permanent reserve when he came here. Good news though.

I just think we would consider those two decent backup and not try to sell them right now. I hope I'm wrong obviously, as they're both shite.

Looks like Perch is one of those rare players who would actually prefer to play. I assume he thought the competition with Simpson would be a lot closer.