NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest BooBoo

Clearly on a wind up.

All that would bother me re Defoe would be his motivation. Clearly got the talent, even if he has been quieter the last year or so.

Clearly on a wind up.

All that would bother me re Defoe would be his motivation. Clearly got the talent, even if he has been quieter the last year or so.

No wind up from me, the kid is pure shit, simple as that.

No more Shane Long then............

1323: FOOTBALL - The London Evening Standard report that West Ham have bid an initial £5m for Reading striker Shane Long.

Where does it say he has signed?

I would be in favour of hijacking that like, £5m for Long is a decent price.

Guest BooBoo

Fair enough.

Although I can't take anything you say seriously ever again.

To say you dont rate Defoe is fine but to say he's "pure shit"'despite his PL goal record is just very silly and flies in the face of all the evidence to the contrary.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What a load of absolute shite.

Jermain Defoe would walk into our team. Erdinc or no Erdinc, he's a proven PL striker who has consistently scored goals.

Really?

22 Games 4 goals last season, season before was his best return in the Premiership, before that seemed to hover around 10 goals a season (if not less than that). He's inconsistent, and will need a good man manager to keep his confidence up when his 500th shot of the game is saved/flies high/goes wide. Plus he's always injured. Just seems to be one of those players people highly rate because he scores 4-6 goals in a clump (which ends up being the bulk of his tally for the season).

Fair enough.

Although I can't take anything you say seriously ever again.

To say you dont rate Defoe is fine but to say he's "pure s***"'despite his PL goal record is just very silly and flies in the face of all the evidence to the contrary.

He has never scored goals on a consistent basis in the Premier League, and his record is actually poor considering he gives less than fuck all to the team.

What a load of absolute s****.

Jermain Defoe would walk into our team. Erdinc or no Erdinc, he's a proven PL striker who has consistently scored goals.

He's f***ing bullshit, absolute bullshit. I wouldn't p*ss on the lad if he was on fire, the f***ing pea-brained f***.

yeah defoe had a very bad last season or so. But you cannot deny he's been quality in the past, scored loads of class goals

Not decided on Defoe either way personally - but who are we actually comparing him to?  His record at West Ham was 1 goal in 3.  His record in his 1st spell at Spurs was 1 in 3.  Portsmouth was 1 in 2.  His second spell at Spurs it's hovering between 1 in 2 and 1 in 3.  it's hardly an abysmal record.

Defoe can be a good player but is also a bit of a sicknote.. not that it matters anyway, we would not pay what Spuds will want and I would be very surprised if he would come here for £50k per week.

Only one option left.. splash the cash for Salomon Rondon

Would we spend £8/9 million on him though?

Would we get him for that ?

but rather that kind of money on him than Crouch

Defoe's record last season would be exactly the reason we would be interested tbf.

only for the fact its Spurs on the other end and they don't like selling players cheaply even if they want rid of them. As I've said can't see Crouch or Defoe coming here.

As for LB targets, while I wouldn't want Shorey or Bridge am I the only one who think Warnock wouldn't be the worst move in the world?

Old Trafford youngster in Newcastle United sights

01:30 PM 26 July, 2011

Tom Cleverley has emerged as a target for Newcastle United Football Club.

The England Under-21 international is rated as a real talent by Sir Alex Ferguson, who has indicated he wants to keep him as part of Manchester United plans this season.

Cleverley enjoyed a loan spell at Wigan Athletic last term, and now the Old Trafford boss feels the midfielder can force his way into the Reds side.

However, it is believed Alan Pardew is hoping to persuade Ferguson to let the 21-year-old continue his development at St James Park in a season-long deal.

http://www.fansfc.com/story/34103.html

yeah I know its fansfc

Would take Defoe over Crouch but would very very much prefer neither, especially having to sit next to a Spurs FM researcher who's been crying about their appalling front-line all season. Would take Pav, but only because he's cult.

(But then so were Maric and Andersson).

No more Shane Long then............

1323: FOOTBALL - The London Evening Standard report that West Ham have bid an initial £5m for Reading striker Shane Long.

Where does it say he has signed?

I would be in favour of hijacking that like, £5m for Long is a decent price.

Same here. I would rather have Erdinc but I don't want to lose out on both and end up with the likes of Defoe. While he's been a class player in his time he looks like the wrong sort for this club. Don't know if he has an attitude problem but he lacks consistency for a player with his talent.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Would take Defoe over Crouch but would very very much prefer neither, especially having to sit next to a Spurs FM researcher who's been crying about their appalling front-line all season. Would take Pav, but only because he's cult.

(But then so were Maric and Andersson).

Its The Brock!

Clearly on a wind up.

No wind up from me, the kid is pure shit, simple as that.

I agree, has been on the decline for a while.