NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

So we will be sold to some rich Qatari's who will then just revert the clubs financial structure back to what Ashley is trying to end? If that was an option why don't they come now instead of later.

If these actions are about selling the club they are to do so to one of two buyers :

1. Raoul Moat needs to convince Barclays to give him the money to buy the club taking debt out against the name of NUFC, or maybe some American will do that like liverpool and man utd have experienced.

2. Some asian type from "how to buy a football club" will be lured by the idea of selling us on for more money because of how good the accounts look.

The rich men have stopped buying english clubs because it is too expensive to succeed, now Germany, Italy, Spain and France all have clubs with bank rollers.

So the two most often used defences of Mike "He's doing these things as part of a plan to sell us, so it's good in the long run" and "Anyone else who buys us will probably be worse" kind of conflict with each other then

Thats not what I'm saying. I'm saying if we're being groomed to be sold those are the kind of buyers in mind. The reason for that is the club has been on the market twice under Ashley over about 8 months, those are kind of people it attracted, they couldn't come up with the cash, they wouldn't take the risk because of the accounts, so he is fixing the accounts so those kind of people can take it off him.

As I say, "if" the club is being groomed to sell. I personally believe it is more to do with the fact he was taking a personal hit of £20m a season. They've said many times Arsenal, Aston Villa blah blah, club needs to make money so that we can use that to buy players. Being able to sell it is just an additional bonus to that.

I am not holding my hopes out for some billionaire trying to win trophies. At best the club will be debt free and someone who comes in can then use sustainable debt to grow the club. If someone was to come in.

Mike Ashley and Randy Lerner have many similarities. They both through around daft wages and pumped big money at players, then the legendary manager said fuck you if you're going to stop backing me and from there its all about being put on a sound financial footing. I do not entirely agree with the way he is doing it. I think it is risky, I think its being done in an extreme manner, i'm not going to deny action had to be taken, its the way it is being done .

Bit like the debate over the economy isn't it, do you invest to grow your way out of financial difficulties or do you just cut everything and hope that it doesn't mean your stock plummets and you end up in even more shit.

Arca released. #backup for Enrique?

his contract expired.....don't think he has played left back since his days in Argentina. Even at the scum he was played as a left winger...but these days as a central midfielder for the smoggies.

Close friend of Colo.

Guest CheickMansour

Bit like the debate over the economy isn't it, do you invest to grow your way out of financial difficulties or do you just cut everything and hope that it doesn't mean your stock plummets and you end up in even more s***.

Aye, and I suspect you could extend the analogy to the rest of the football world as well.

Arca released. #backup for Enrique?

his contract expired.....don't think he has played left back since his days in Argentina. Even at the scum he was played as a left winger...but these days as a central midfielder for the smoggies.

Close friend of Colo.

So is his dad but I wouldn't want him left back

Is it viable to suggest Ashley is merely attempting to claw back every penny he can through player sales? Another relegation would hit him hard financially so he's doing just enough to keep us above water while attempting to reimburse himself a little bit.

I was actually in the thinking that he may be trying to model us on Arsenal who clearly are the only PL club to turn a profit, that's what thinking does for you eh

He's a business man. He sees success as his company making a profit

I think he's clever enough to realise that he'll never make a personal profit from NUFC though, he's just trying to limit the amount he has to spend on us.

And in so doing, he has already cost himself a shedload of cash by overseeing a relegation. As things stand, he risks doing the same again.

Krul

Simpson Coloccini Williamson New LB

Gutierrez  Cabaye  Tiote  Marveaux

Ben Arfa

Ba

Yeah definitely looks relegation threatened..

Same here, surely he'll get the club to fund itself so that he can start to recoup his loan and probably purchase price then sell us on for a nice hefty profit.

Of course the more obvious action for him to take is to float the club yet again and try and make a profit that way whilst keeping a share for himself.

If he's planning on being here for the next 20 years that plan might just work.

Is it viable to suggest Ashley is merely attempting to claw back every penny he can through player sales? Another relegation would hit him hard financially so he's doing just enough to keep us above water while attempting to reimburse himself a little bit.

I was actually in the thinking that he may be trying to model us on Arsenal who clearly are the only PL club to turn a profit, that's what thinking does for you eh

I think he's clever enough to realise that he'll never make a personal profit from NUFC though, he's just trying to limit the amount he has to spend on us.

And in so doing, he has already cost himself a shedload of cash by overseeing a relegation. As things stand, he risks doing the same again.

Krul

Ben Arfa

Ba

Yeah, no chance of any of them getting injured eh? we don't need a squad, just a starting 11!

Krul

Ben Arfa

Ba

Once the inevitable injuries/suspensions happen, we'll have a p*ss poor team indeed.

How do we have less chance of coping with injuries this season compared to last then when we've brought in 4 players so far and have lost 3 if you include Barton and Enrique?

The quality of players we have as backup aren't exactly great like. Though I hope the likes of Abeid and Vuckic will be given a chance.

Right so we have a better first team than last season when we finished 12th but we're really risking relegation this time out because we have worse backup than last season?.. except we don't.

How do we have less chance of coping with injuries this season compared to last then when we've brought in 4 players so far and have lost 3 if you include Barton and Enrique?

Buying players with questionable injury records gives us less chance of coping with injuries.

Right so we have a better first team than last season when we finished 12th but we're really risking relegation this time out because we have worse backup than last season?.. except we don't.

We don't have a better first team.

Buying players with questionable injury records gives us less chance of coping with injuries.

We've only brought in one player with a questionable injury record. I do agree however that the squad is short.

You're absolutely right...let's play the risk game because every season injury-wise is the same. FFS, Ben Arfa is hurt already and the season didn't even start yet. An injury to Colo and/or Tiote and results are in the toilet. We don't have the SQUAD to cope. Not even close.

Guest icemanblue

There are going to have to be a fair few of these over the next couple of weeks then. That's a right sided midfielder added to the striker and left back we already need. I'm sure we'll be fine with only three experienced central defenders, as well.

We'll see won't we.  I think:

Krul

Gutierrez  Cabaye  Tiote   Marveaux

Ben Arfa

Ba

Is better than:

Krul

Simpson Coloccini Williamson Enrique

Barton Nolan Tiote Gutierrez

Ameobi Lovenkrands

We've only brought in one player with a questionable injury record. I do agree however that the squad is short.

Ba and Marveaux both have big question marks hanging over them imo. Ba's appearance record isn't bad but clubs do medicals for a reason and it takes a fair old problem to fail one. And he's our only real striker, let's face it, an injury to him or simply not living up to expectations and we are really struggling.

We'll see won't we.  I think:

Krul

Ben Arfa

Ba

Is better than:

Krul

Simpson Coloccini Williamson Enrique

Barton Nolan Tiote Gutierrez

Ameobi Lovenkrands

As if Marveaux will play more than 25 games. As if The new LB will be better than Jose. As if Ben Arfa will play more then 25 games. As if Ba will score more goals than Ameobi and Lovenkrands together. As if Gutierrez will be better than Barton on the wing. As if Nolan's goals won't be missed.

This side is not better.