NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I've allways said we should give Ashley until the end of the window before we critisise, but it's becoming increasingly more clear that he has no intention of genuinly improving the squad if it means forking out cash that he likely will not see again. I never had any reason to doubt what golfmag said before, but I think it's become pretty clear over the past couple of months that he was spot on, reducing the debt (if there actualy is any) and trimming the wages is clearly his priority.

"Reduce debt, sell club, leave with most of initial investment recouped" seems to be a reasonable description of his plan.

Ultimately he is what he is and we still have a football team. Might as well enjoy what we can given the circumstances.

Is it viable to suggest Ashley is merely attempting to claw back every penny he can through player sales? Another relegation would hit him hard financially so he's doing just enough to keep us above water while attempting to reimburse himself a little bit.

Is it viable to suggest Ashley is merely attempting to claw back every penny he can through player sales? Another relegation would hit him hard financially so he's doing just enough to keep us above water while attempting to reimburse himself a little bit.

Doubt it, he'd have to be a bit simple to believe we'll be able to produce players we can sell on for vast profits every season; we lucked out on Carroll.

Besides, if he is wanting to sell, good players are part of our assets. He won't realise a decent price for the club if we are a team year in, year out, balanced precariously over the precipice.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I was actually in the thinking that he may be trying to model us on Arsenal who clearly are the only PL club to turn a profit, that's what thinking does for you eh

I don't think its entirely about selling the club, its about him not having to pump more money in to save his investment. He'd been putting £20m in a year to pay for expensive failures and now he's going all out to make sure the club pays for itself.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Doubt it, he'd have to be a bit simple to believe we'll be able to produce players we can sell on for vast profits every season; we lucked out on Carroll.

Besides, if he is wanting to sell, good players are part of our assets. He won't realise a decent price for the club if we are a team year in, year out, balanced precariously over the precipice.

We do still have some good players who could turn a tidy profit i.e. Tiote, Enrique,Ben arfa to name a few.  Harris Vuckic will be this years performer

I was actually in the thinking that he may be trying to model us on Arsenal who clearly are the only PL club to turn a profit, that's what thinking does for you eh

He's a business man. He sees success as his company making a profit

I don't think its entirely about selling the club, its about him not having to pump more money in to save his investment. He'd been putting £20m in a year to pay for expensive failures and now he's going all out to make sure the club pays for itself.

Exactly.

And I don't believe we're buying players to sell on at a profit, we're just being careful to either get players as cheap as possible or to only sign ones that will have a bit of value at the end of their contracts.

I think he's clever enough to realise that he'll never make a personal profit from NUFC though, he's just trying to limit the amount he has to spend on us.

I think he's clever enough to realise that he'll never make a personal profit from NUFC though, he's just trying to limit the amount he has to spend on us.

Not from his overall investment, but year on year he probably could

And in so doing, he has already cost himself a shedload of cash by overseeing a relegation. As things stand, he risks doing the same again.

Guest Howaythetoon

The club is clearly being ran on an extit strategy basis. We'll be sold within the next 12 months.

Sold to who?

Some corrupt Asian owner or someone who needs to ask Barclays to buy the club for him?

Some rich Qataris hopefully.  I'm perfectly willing to gamble on a new mystery owner rather than continuing down this road with Ashley knowing that at best we'll tread water in the premier league for another season and that we're perpetually one season away from possible disaster.

So we will be sold to some rich Qatari's who will then just revert the clubs financial structure back to what Ashley is trying to end? If that was an option why don't they come now instead of later.

If these actions are about selling the club they are to do so to one of two buyers :

1. Raoul Moat needs to convince Barclays to give him the money to buy the club taking debt out against the name of NUFC, or maybe some American will do that like liverpool and man utd have experienced.

2. Some asian type from "how to buy a football club" will be lured by the idea of selling us on for more money because of how good the accounts look.

The rich men have stopped buying english clubs because it is too expensive to succeed, now Germany, Italy, Spain and France all have clubs with bank rollers.

Sold to who?

Some corrupt Asian owner or someone who needs to ask Barclays to buy the club for him?

Some rich Qataris hopefully.  I'm perfectly willing to gamble on a new mystery owner rather than continuing down this road with Ashley knowing that at best we'll tread water in the premier league for another season and that we're perpetually one season away from possible disaster.

See Birmingham.

And in so doing, he has already cost himself a shedload of cash by overseeing a relegation. As things stand, he risks doing the same again.

I agree with the first bit but not the second. As it stands I think we have a tiny chance of going down.

Same here, surely he'll get the club to fund itself so that he can start to recoup his loan and probably purchase price then sell us on for a nice hefty profit.

Of course the more obvious action for him to take is to float the club yet again and try and make a profit that way whilst keeping a share for himself.

So we will be sold to some rich Qatari's who will then just revert the clubs financial structure back to what Ashley is trying to end? If that was an option why don't they come now instead of later.

If these actions are about selling the club they are to do so to one of two buyers :

1. Raoul Moat needs to convince Barclays to give him the money to buy the club taking debt out against the name of NUFC, or maybe some American will do that like liverpool and man utd have experienced.

2. Some asian type from "how to buy a football club" will be lured by the idea of selling us on for more money because of how good the accounts look.

The rich men have stopped buying english clubs because it is too expensive to succeed, now Germany, Italy, Spain and France all have clubs with bank rollers.

So the two most often used defences of Mike "He's doing these things as part of a plan to sell us, so it's good in the long run" and "Anyone else who buys us will probably be worse" kind of conflict with each other then