NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

We've just got to hope that a good player in a necessary position becomes miraculously available on a free ala Gosling, because only that kind of opportunistic bargain would possibly tempt us into signing another player.

"Hahaha, people moaning about the squad, it's only June, it's only July, it's only half way through July, it's only August and Pardew hopes to maybe buy one player... Oh, wait..."

At least under Shepherd we actually had a squad of footballers to watch on a Saturday.

Did you see the squad in his last year? We've never really recovered and there was nothing to suggest that was going to improve.

Guest Wally_McFool

We've just got to hope that a good player in a necessary position becomes miraculously available on a free ala Gosling, because only that kind of opportunistic bargain would possibly tempt us into signing another player.

You seem to forget that these free players are very expensive, young man. :D

You seem to forget that these free players are very expensive, young man. :D

Aye we'll need to sell Enrique just to get in a couple of free's if we're lucky.

"Hahaha, people moaning about the squad, it's only June, it's only July, it's only half way through July, it's only August and Pardew hopes to maybe buy one player... Oh, wait..."

At least under Shepherd we actually had a squad of footballers to watch on a Saturday.

:dowie:

Just wait until January. :thup:

For what it's worth I think we only actually need two players (plus Enrique's replacement).

A striker, and a cover for LB.

You reckon 3 CBs is sufficient for an entire season?

I think 3 decent quality CBs like Coloccini, Taylor, and Williamson is adequate, with cover from Tavernier and Kadar.

Obviously, in an ideal world we'd get someone in who was good 3rd/4th choice for CB (or someone who could cover both LB and CB), but it's not that big of a worry..... in my opinion.

How often did Cambell get in the team? I expect Kadar needs the chances now rather than bringing in another player of a not disimilar quality to Perch, happy to sit on the bench for the majority of the time.

For what it's worth I think we only actually need two players (plus Enrique's replacement).

A striker, and a cover for LB.

I agree with that. I'm not convinced we are serous about our efforts at this point but I'll bite my tongue and see what happens.

I'd be amazed if we start the season with Enrique, Tiote and a new striker.

What about Tiote and a new striker?

I think most people would be amazed if we started the season with Enrique, or at least ended the transfer window with him.

I'd be amazed if we start the season with Enrique, Tiote and a new striker.

What about Tiote and a new striker?

I think most people would be amazed if we started the season with Enrique, or at least ended the transfer window with him.

I'd be mildly surprised by that. I'd be even more surprised if we replaced Enrique than if we kept him.

Guest Chubby Jason

It's shocking that Pardew is still banging on about bringing in "one or two" players when is blatantly obvious that we are ridiculously light in nearly every department.

It's shocking that Pardew is still banging on about bringing in "one or two" players when is blatantly obvious that we are ridiculously light in nearly every department.

Its quality we are lacking imho ,players to come off the bench in the forward line to have a goal threat and players who will start games on merit .

Well, we aren't ridiculously light in every department, and we've already signed a number of players. How many signings do you want in one summer?

Well, we aren't ridiculously light in every department, and we've already signed a number of players. How many signings do you want in one summer?

£35 millions worth might be the reply  :iamatwat:

£35 millions worth might be the reply  :iamatwat:

Enough to ensure we don't go into games like last season without a single defender/midfielder/stiker on the bench would be a start.  Oh, wait, that's considered a luxury in Ashley's era of austerity.

We have one good striker, one good left back (on the verge of leaving), one good right back and it could even be argued only one good centre back. In goal and midfield are the only places I'd say we are well stocked for a full campaign of many games, injuries, suspensions and the ACN.

Despite bringing in almost £40m in transfer income this year. :lol: