NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Nothing in the Spanish press regarding Hernández today.

There's not a hope in hell we'll sign Hernandez anyway. Whoever wrote that about us was talking shite and picked a few random big English clubs to link him with. Clearly not realising we dont have the money we did a few year ago.

Bid made for Hottiger according to The Pink.

Again? Wasnt he s**** here the first time round as well as being s**** at Everton?

Nah in all honesty who's this Hottiger guy assuming its not the one we had here in 95?

i think the pink was the give away.

Bid made for Hottiger according to The Pink.

Again? Wasnt he s**** here the first time round as well as being s**** at Everton?

Nah in all honesty who's this Hottiger guy assuming its not the one we had here in 95?

i think the pink was the give away.

Cant say i know what the pink is tbh, hence the missing of the joke.

It's a newspaper, they used to sell you them when waiting for a taxi after a night out.

Wasn't it just Saturdays?

I remember them from when i lived in the west end, after i moved to Whitley I never saw them again.

I don't see why any fuss is being made about Djalo, tbh. I was looking at his record and its something like 70 games played and 17 scored. And that's in the Portuguese league, like.  :undecided:

One in three last season, nice for a winger.

A winger? I thought he was a striker, no?

It's a newspaper, they used to sell you them when waiting for a taxi after a night out.

Ah, the one for gays? Still dont get the joke like but nvm.

it was the football pink, came out on saturdays with all the results and match reports, like an evening chronicle on pink paper that done sport only.

Ah, the one for gays? Still dont get the joke like but nvm.

it was the football pink, came out on saturdays with all the results and match reports, like an evening chronicle on pink paper that done sport only.

Quality paper!

yep, my dad always used to bring it back from the pub on a saturday night, i used to love reading it on a sunday morning when i was a wee 'un.

i remember getting the mirandinha poster when he first signed  :smitten:

Was a good paper just became dated with the internet and less Saturday 3pm kick-offs. Remember the last one was for after the West Ham game 2005-6 season when Owen got the hat-trick (MotD followed Alan Oliver for the day as a feature since it was the last Pink to be published).

Guest toonlass

They used to get it out dead quick on Saturday evening, I was always shocked at how quick you could pick one up.

Yep, I was always amazed at how quickly they could get it to the shops in Ashington and Bedlingtion, and yet old gadgies would still berate the guy who drove the Chronicle van. "Eeeeeh lad, what time do you call this? I've not got all evening to stand and wait for the Pink ye naaaa!"

They used to get it out dead quick on Saturday evening, I was always shocked at how quick you could pick one up.

Yep, I was always amazed at how quickly they could get it to the shops in Ashington and Bedlingtion, and yet old gadgies would still berate the guy who drove the Chronicle van. "Eeeeeh lad, what time do you call this? I've not got all evening to stand and wait for the Pink ye naaaa!"

at one time they used to sell the chronicle outside the ground after the match and it would have a stop press section that would have the half time scores on.

Latest from Djalo.

http://www.maisfutebol.iol.pt/sporting/sporting-yannick-mercado-inglaterra-leonel-da-silva/1177390-1457.html

Basically says he wants out, and Everton, Tottenham & Newcastle are in the race for him. Quotes from his agent

"There were two offers from England, but Sporting rejected them. They were for around €5m but Sporting are holding out for more. I will not say which two clubs they were, but they are from England. Let's hope there can be an agreement between the clubs. Yannick sees this as a great opportunity and would be fulfilling a dream by moving to England. That's where the big clubs and the big players are. He only wants to play in England and will go provided that Sporting allow him to leave Alvalade".

Does anyone else not find it amusing that, just being promoted back to the Premiership, we're suddenly competing with Spurs and Everton and the like for players again? :lol:

Latest from Djalo.

http://www.maisfutebol.iol.pt/sporting/sporting-yannick-mercado-inglaterra-leonel-da-silva/1177390-1457.html

Basically says he wants out, and Everton, Tottenham & Newcastle are in the race for him. Quotes from his agent

"There were two offers from England, but Sporting rejected them. They were for around 5m but Sporting are holding out for more. I will not say which two clubs they were, but they are from England. Let's hope there can be an agreement between the clubs. Yannick sees this as a great opportunity and would be fulfilling a dream by moving to England. That's where the big clubs and the big players are. He only wants to play in England and will go provided that Sporting allow him to leave Alvalade".

Does anyone else not find it amusing that, just being promoted back to the Premiership, we're suddenly competing with Spurs and Everton and the like for players again? :lol:

We are a bigger club than those two, doesn't surprise me, when was the last time either of them challenged for the title. :coolsmiley: